Eric82930

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
I know the 400 is probably better power wise for slow technical terain, but has anyone noticed any cooling differences between the 400/520 in slow stuff? I know WRf's seem to boil over but my klx does not. I was hoping the KTM might not.

ml36

Aug 27, 2001
i ride a '01 520 mxc and my buddy i always ride with has a '01 400 exc. neither of us ever have had a problem with boil over in tight, slow woods. another guy i ride with has a 520 sx and it seems to boil over quite easily on hot days.

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
i ride a 01 400 exc mainly on the streets. installed a cooling fan for my bike. the fan gets turn on whenever i am stuck in a traffic jam. removed the thermostat 2 days ago. now trying out the effects/consumption of this move i did. If in anycase you guys wanna try this, just take out the spring and the plunger. leave the thermostat shell to seat the "o" rign in. if not leakage of coolant WILL occur. hopes this wouldn't screw up my baby. It does behave a bit different now.:ugg:

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
My bike and my buddy's bike's (01 400E, 02 400E) have never overheated or used a drop of antifreeze except for seals or hose clamps blowing. My 2 stroke KTM's used to use a little antifreeze on almost every ride so I've been very impressed with this trait. I ride so very slow, muddy technical terrain at times and I do not have the fan kit. Just don't leave the bike idle for extended periods. If you have to stop and wait for something, shut it down and use the happy button when you're ready to go.

Top Bottom