426 not kicking through entire stroke

Pozi

Feb 5, 2002
While at the Florence dune a month ago I started noticing problems with my 426's engine not running as smooth as it should occasionally. When I would jump the engine would die right as I landed. It did this a couple times until finally it wouldn't start any more. And now when I tried kicking it the kickstarter will not complete the stroke. It stops about 2/3 through the kick.

....So I have the engine almost torn down looking for some obvious signs of trouble. Any suggestions as to what it might be and what to look for?

One other thing....I think maybe my hot start was "stuck" on because the Dr.D hot start cable was broke. And the little dirt/sand kept it from turning off.

Please help

B

biglou

Will the bike roll in gear with the decomp lever pulled? If not, that would lead me toward piston/conrod area. If it does, is there any chance the clutch hub fragged itself? Saw that happen on Thunder33's 99 400 and some bits got bound up in the kick start gearing (and all over the bottom end...). Couple places to start, anyway.

Top Bottom