Ed White

Apr 6, 2003
I'm looking for a way to carry tools, spare tube, rope, etc. on my 03 450EXC. KTM shows a rear fender baggage rack in the parts catalog that came with the bike. Has anyone had any experience with this rack? Would I be better off with a backpack or fanny pack? I also need to carry some water/sports drink, so I'm considering one of the combo units.
I've been away from dirt riding and just got back into it, so I'm not up on the latest ideas on these things.
Damn, the EXC is a sweet bike.

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
ED, the tool belts seam to be the way to go, when your sitting the tools weight is on the seat. I carry a (use to when I raced my KX) plug wrinch in
my water pack but all I carry now is some nutriton bars.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Ed,

Most use fanny packs I am not a fan of fanny packs for 2 reasons. 1) - you've got a lot of sharp and hard objects that could hurt in a fall 2) - I don't want to lift 3-5 pounds of tools every time I stand. Like you, I returned to ride

For water, I use a Camelbak under my cp.

For tools, I use a fender pack from www.dirt-bike-gear.com. However, you should know that I'm biased as this is my company

For a spare tube and the associated tools I use a strap on pack from www.cycoactive.com

Top Bottom