InsaneMXer450

May 21, 2007
Dose anyone think that the current crop of 450 four strokes are too extreme for the public. Im looking into buying a brand new 450cc four stroke mx'er very soon.

But alot of people including sale's man at local dealerships keep telling that the 450 four stroke mx bikes are too radical and extreme for any type of riding.

I mean is this true and if so than why would they want to sell me a 450WR or KLX450. which are pretty close to the mx bikes?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
InsaneMXer450 said:
Dose anyone think that the current crop of 450 four strokes are too extreme for the public. Im looking into buying a brand new 450cc four stroke mx'er very soon.

But alot of people including sale's man at local dealerships keep telling that the 450 four stroke mx bikes are too radical and extreme for any type of riding.

I mean is this true and if so than why would they want to sell me a 450WR or KLX450. which are pretty close to the mx bikes?
they are too extreme if you are a girly man loser.

XR250rdr

May 27, 2003
While I wouldnt recommend for someone to buy a 450 MXer as a first dirt bike and I feel there are a lot of riders that would be faster on a 250f, ahnold hit the nail on the head.

But then again I wish they still made 500 2Ts.

LBRaptor

Sep 25, 2006
yeah depends what kind of riding. if you are into the fire roads or fairly open trails go for a 450 but i find you get so much unusable power that you cant ride it to its full potential unlike a 250 in anyhting tighter. go for a 2 stroke though they are awesome.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Having had a 03 YZ450F for about two years, I'll say that I could not ride the bike to its potential. I had to put a Rekluse on it to tame it down. Now that I am on a 250 two stroke again, I feel I ride much smoother and faster in the woods. I don't get as tired and arm pump is not as big of an issue.
If you have the upper body strength and the marbles to ride a 450 to its potential, you'll be in a pro class for sure. Modifying a 450 and NOT being a pro rider is a waste. All of the manufactures are building powerful 450's each has attributes that are more or less favorable to different people but they are pretty much equal.
I've been waiting for some reviews from owners on the KLX450R. This machine sounds great with the right things added to make it more manageble off the show room floor.

Juiced2007

Jun 3, 2007
I bought a CRF 2007R last week as my first bike ever, and I found out what a real workout is like. I am sore from head to toe. I don't regret it though. It's a lot of fun. You'll enjoy it

yzryder34

Jun 3, 2007
hello

InsaneMXer450 said:

I got a yz450f and i love it the power is everything you need and more you just hit the trottle and your on it

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Stock 450 is faster than a 250,a 500 is faster than a 450,a modded 450 is faster than a 500!A 250 modded should be about the same as a 450,this is my endevour,I do not like the high mass,starting issues sometimes,the feel in the air or the price of failure of a 450!And a modded 450 is absolutely insane on an enclosed mx track!

yzryder34

Jun 3, 2007
to be honest the 05 450's are alot easyer to start than the later mods they got a hot start wich helps out alot when you just go done rideing them i love the power i say a thumper is the way to go

yzryder34

Jun 3, 2007
i use the choke almost every time and let it sit there and warm up for a coupl mins i tryd to just go out and ride and a faild a plug the first time

Top Bottom