Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Thats too bad. My son and I went riding at Elkins Flat last Tuesday and the conditions were (and still would be) perfect.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I went there on Wednesday. The course is marked. Head out of the staging area and take a left on the paved road. First dirt road to the right, go to the end and pick up the trail. It is marked with two ribbons: 1 is white with black polkadots and the other is pink. Ride up to Cat Creek road and cross. Continue on the trail to the first intersection and take a left. Keep the course ribbons on the right. Turns are marke with pink ribbon only on the side of the trail marking the direction of the turn. This loop is 42 miles long and lands you back at Cat Creek road. Go back to Elkins to refuel then head back the same way but this time don't go to the end of the dirt road, take the first right fork. (at the campgrounds) and go about 3/4 mile. You will again see the course markers. This loop is about 30 miles or so. Look out for Forest Service personnel doing repair work on water bars.

Top Bottom