Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
49er Qualifier Postponed

This was just posted on www.ama-d36.org 49er Qualifier postponed, more info to follow.

Start the rain dancing before we have to cancell the Training Wheels, WFO, Cowbell etc... :(

Last edited:

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I doubt they'd cancel WFO and Cowbell, they usually run at Upper Lake and Stoneyford regardless of dust.

I'm still coughing up dustballs from yesterday :-)

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Kraig,

Are you sure its been cancelled? I just checked the Dist 36 website, and it says the 49er has been postponed with more info later. Last year this happened, and it was run the Saturday before Wilseyville.

Jim

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hey Bigbird.
I just edited the post, I am sure when I read the home page post it said "cancelled do to dust more to follow"

Lets hope for some rain, another 49er/Wilseyville weekend goods.
I will try not to get injured at 49er so I can make Wilseyville this year.

AKCPlumb

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 3, 2002
The event is not cancelled it has been postponed with a tenative date the day before Wilseyville. When the date is confirmed it will be posted on web.
Jim
Where were you? What if I broke down on the way there I would of been stuck.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Alan,

Don't tell me you rode that American built bike in the enduro. :o I looked for you guys, but only saw one Timekeeper shirt all weekend, and that is when I passed him. :debil:

Seriously, I looked for the Timekeepers camp, and you but never saw anyone. We were camped at Davis Flat. It looked like OMC took over the group campground this time.

BTW, Kraig I'm beginning to think you're really an apparition. George keeps making excuses for you, or is it that he is sabotaging you so that he won't be embarassed in the results. :p

Last edited:

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
..but I think everyone had a good time! Bigbird, you'll get a laugh out of this. Jeff and I were riding up the rock garden between 7 & 8 when he decided to take on a buried rock on his ktm (that had been purchased on wednesday). Unfortunately he was behing me and I didn't realize he wasn't there for several miles. Finally picked him up MUCH later at Little Stoney campground. One dead pipe, one cut water line, and one LONG day!

Hope to see you at the next one and take a peek and yer red bike :-)

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Hey, sorry about Jeff. I talked to him on the starting line. My red bike gave me no excuses to use for whatever position I ended up in. It ran great all day. I killed it a couple of times, and had I been on the SX it would have meant a bushel of kicks to get it started, but the Honda started on two kicks both times.

That rock pile had me making a couple of unexpected turns. All I was thinking about was, "No flats, I want no flats." I loved the last 35 miles or so. Fun stuff. :yeehaw:

Alan, what happened with your KTM?

AKCPlumb

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 3, 2002
Blown fork seal and then the brakes going due to the oil (this was a 1st seems in the past it has dripped to the outside), coming down into gas got a little wild when I discovered that they weren't working, so decided that based on where we had been and what was coming up as far as hills in the 2nd loop I decided to stop.

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Jim...ahh, he didn't mention he saw you.

the worst part for him is the sweeper did NOT turn in his scorecard after he told him he would. Guess he won't get any points after all that....

yep, if there's one thing you can count on there is the last few miles will be ALL downhill...and downhill....and downhill.....:-)

Top Bottom