2 B

Aug 31, 2000
Looking at a 5 x 11 enclosed trailer for-sale (haulmark). My question is how many bikes can I get into this trailer. I don't won't to buy it and not be able to fit 3-4 bikes in it. your thoughts or experiences would help thanks.

2 B

Aug 31, 2000
We'll the trailer is used and I stepped it off with my feet. And I came up with 5 steps wide and 11 steps long. I were a size 12 boot . So I have to be pretty close. Maybe they consider that size a 6x12 trailer. I don't know just my 0.02. Pulling with either 2wd drive fullsize pickup(small v-8 or 4 wd s-10(big v-6. What do you suggest that I pull it with? What good or bad expirence have you had with the wrong vehicle have you had?

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I would pull with the fullsize if you are worried about truck capability. Larger brakes, better cooling, longer wheelbase for more stability, and you could even throw the backup bike or a friend's bike in the rear with the tailgate up.

The s-10 may get better mpg and be more comfortable to drive and maneuver. Check the tow rating and the weight of the loaded trailer before you take the trip.

My preference would be for the fullsize simply because you have more room to stretch out and I like to tow with an over capable rig for durability, safety, and peace of mind. You'll need trailer brakes and the associated controller and wiring in the tow vehicle. If I were you I would go for the weight distributing hitch. Overkill is good.

StuVT

Jul 20, 2001
You can get all the specs you need at www.haulmark.com. Also, think about mounting points for the hold down straps such as D-rings in the floor and/or spots on the walls.

Stu
'99 WR400
'01 YZ125

Last edited:
Top Bottom