50 sprocket on the 04 CFR450???

traider

Aug 12, 2003
Has anyone changed from the 48 to a 50 sprocket on their 04 CRF450. The 03's had a 50 and I think I would like a little more gear. I haven't been on an 03 to see what is is like.

Wladi

Jan 10, 2003
crf450guy how does the power feel with the 51 tooth rear sprocket on your '04 crf? On some websites they say that a 50 tooth sprocket would be too much for some riders. I wonder what a 51 tooth sprocket will do??????

crf450guy

Sep 1, 2003
I ride hare scrambles with alot of tight woods...I also put a 13oz flywheel weight on it. The front tire LEAPS off the ground in about any gear which i like for obstacles like logs rocks etc...MOTO CROSS guys probably wouldn't like it much...Some of our races have open grass track and i never feel like I'm missing top end speed.

But i am a C class rider so an AA guy might feel different....

rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
51's are ok but they are too short for sand/deep loam. Seems to spin too much and topend is not what it should be. I tried a 49t and it was ok although it was still a little tall for tighter tracks. Put the 50t on and I seem to be happy. We ride on everything from really tight/small/wussy tracks to fast/open/loamy tracks. I wanted something that would handle both without having to swap sprockets all the time. It's an individual preference. For offroad stuff I'd probably look into a flywheel weight like crf450guy is doing.

Top Bottom