DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Rode at the 500 today (Saturday) we got about 1/2 inch last night and it was pretty slick. Tomorrow should be better and
Monday should be perfect.

I will have to work but plan on heading that way as soon as I escape.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you are trying to decide where to go.

Craig is doing bike prep today so he should be out there.

Derek

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Bare minimum maintanence performed on the bikes. Found a new major project that needs doing... swingarm bearings, etc. :think:
Just waiting for Dwreck to give me a meet time. :ride:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I will be in touch as soon as I get an idea. Loading stuff tonight.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Just talked to Brad, he said the trails were great. He and a bunch will be out there again, Monday.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I was there. I saw Craig, he claims he rode.

Several of the faster Blackjack C class guys were there. I rode a loop with them.

Reminded me of a few years back when I first started riding with Justin, Swift, Don and Craig. I hadn't ridden that hard in a while. I was really anxious to see how I stacked up against them on my new bike.

I could stay on their back wheel as long as I was going all out, but that started to catch up with me after a while. I clipped a tree and took a hard right, looped a round and took off after them hell bent on catching back up caught another tree maybe a mile later, this time it shot me straight at a 6 in. diameter one. Pegged it with the front wheel and came to a complete stop. That rattled me, so I took a minute to catch my breath and continued on at a more reasonable pace and I'll be damned if I didn't almost wipe out again.

By now I was thinking just get back to the truck in one piece so I stayed on the blue trail until I saw my group taking a break. I stopped and talked to them for a while and the next thing you know we are back at it again. This time I was in 3rd with a guy on a KX behind me. I couldn't shake him and it was driving me crazy because I previously owned a KX and knew that I was on an easier bike to ride especially with the Rekluse so the only reason he was hounding me was because he was a better rider. Finally I bumped the shift lever with my foot coming out of a corner and hit neutral and they were gone. I suddenly realized how exhausted I was and headed back to the truck with my tail between my legs now knowing that my new bike isn't going to turn me into an Enduro hero.

I miss the intensity that Justin brought to the trails. I had forgoten how it rubbed off on all of us.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
wow, your day sounds like mine. i raced sunday and went down three times. i probably haven't crashed three times total since i started riding again. i had the overall win wrapped up, crashed and gave it away. i ended up last.

we all miss justin. :(

hell, who am i kidding? no we don't! :p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
mx547 said:
wow, your day sounds like mine. i raced sunday and went down three times. i probably haven't crashed three times total since i started riding again. i had the overall win wrapped up, crashed and gave it away. i ended up last.

we all miss justin. :(

hell, who am i kidding? no we don't! :p
I crash 3 times everytime I ride and I don't even have the Mamba anymore! I rode the '250' Sunday, street Saturday, did maintenance on Monday. Good thing, no broken bones or stitches!

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
"he claims he rode."
I'll also claim that I had a better time than you!
Hinson and I did 12 miles at 15mph, and the trail was superb! I remember thinking 'I gotta do this more often' more than once.... Also took Schultz's KTM 380 for a couple of short runs...
Never seen traction better, or less dust.
And I miss getting roosted by Justin.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
:)

I guess I did forget to mention that the traction was ridiculously good.

Jay, Sorry to hear things didn't go your way. It's extra bad when it's an actual race. At least everyone stayed in one piece.

Brian, Just keep that street bike off the ground!

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
"Especially with the Rekluse??"

I seem to remember some trash talking and something about "Granny clutches" in referring to my Rekluse a while back. So how do you like the auto-clutch Granny?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I still don't have it set up exactly like I want it. It just seems like everyone racing C class has one now. Every time I stalled my bike near the end of a race I was just thinking about all the S.O.B's who were gaining seconds on me with auto clutches.

I still think they are for the old and slow. Still call it a Granny Tranny. I just finally realized I fit that category.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DWreck said:
:)

I guess I did forget to mention that the traction was ridiculously good.

Jay, Sorry to hear things didn't go your way. It's extra bad when it's an actual race. At least everyone stayed in one piece.

Brian, Just keep that street bike off the ground!
I've got to do the suspension on the YZ. Can't get the tires to hook up and the rear end is tearing up MY rear end.
Definitely will keep the tires on the ground with the street bikes.

Snook

Jan 7, 2005
Justin?

When you guys talk about Justin, are you talking about justql? If so he was an administrator when I was in high school. He told me he rode, but I guess I never took him serious. He is fast huh?

By the way, I live up in Arkanasas City and was planning a trip to the 500 soon. Can I get my membership through the mail? Or do they still sell the passes in town?

Snook

Jan 7, 2005
HAHA, So it is the same Justin. To his credit he was the only administrator that I trusted, the rest of them were sketchy at best. Where is he now?

By the way anyone know if I can get a pass to the 500 through the mail? Or do I have to buy it in person in town?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Justin is in Caney now.

Here are a couple of ways for you to get a membership:

1) You can get a membership at Cooper's Bike shop on main street in Stillwater.

2) E-mail me your mailing address at xxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll send you a membership form. Fill it out and send it in with a $25 check made out to Stillwater Parks and Rec.

3) If you come up when I am around I could meet you out there with the form.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Justin got a dog, to train a goat.....I'll leave it at that. Snook, when did you graduate? I came up to the school several times. We've got a good group of riders, Justin was one of the faster ones.

Snook

Jan 7, 2005
I graduated from Arkansas City High School in 1999. Go Bulldogs!

Thanks for that info Dwreck.

So I take it he is a goat rancher with offroad pigs and dog. Or did he buy a quad?

Top Bottom