crazycanuck

Apr 4, 2003
i have to say i have never seen such a variety of trail in a race,
these guys know how to put up a race, a very special thanks to the guy that put all this effort in cutting all these new trails, man you rock
paul (master kx250)

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Congradulations to Aaron Kopp and Matt Spiglemeyer of South Penn Enduro Riders for their first and second place overall at the Cord.

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Congratulations to Aaron Kopp and Matt Spiglemeyer of South Penn Enduro Riders for their first and second place overall at the Cord.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
That was the toughest race I have been to in years!! 17 out of 20 riders in my class DNF'ed! My bike was totally trashed after 2 days of hell but that little trophy made it all worthwhile. Truthfully, I think that the organizers need to make the event a bit easier or they are going to find that people just wont come to it anymore. A lot of people were pissed off that it was too hard on the bikes and body and wont be back next year if it is going to be the same type of event.

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
Definitely a tough race. Scottyr, I'm guessing you were in the Intermediate class with me. We were the low class on the "full schedule" totem pole and paid the price. I was feeling good up until the River Trail on Saturday kicked my tail and houred out. Bus-sized rock/bolders with a thin layer of teflon from the rain the day before, gnarly roots, broken beaver dams and what must have been a larger than normal gravitational pull conspired against me.

This was the third Cord I've run and it was 150% tougher. The "50th Anniversary" sadists were probably the biggest reasons for that ;) I learned a lot in that first 140km, not the least of which was my propensity for swearing. I'll probably have nightmares for a week before, but I'll be back next year.

Anybody going to the Great Pine this weekend?

b out

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
It was a very tough race, I finished though!

Thanks to the organizers for having the balls to put on such a brutally challenging event.

Thanks to Marty at SealSavers for the prizes (I'm the guy who gave them out).

Too bad I didn't get a log this year, I really wanted one!

Jon

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom