Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
I have just got my 02 520 home and am in the process of getting it ready for the Rusty Demons annual adventure to Southern Utah at the start of May.
We had riding around here (warm temps/no snow) until the day I picked the new bike up. I got it home after dark and took it for a ride because I knew that it could be my only chance for a while. Then it snowed for 2 days straight!

So now I have a shiny bike in the shop and I'm fitting some of the upgrades off the KDX onto the KTM. The bar clamps are adjustable and I'm trying to fit the Ohlins (identical to Scotts) steering damper on. The pivot point of the damper has to line up with the center of the steering head. With bars in the far forward position it just won't happen.

Any ideas? I know the Honda Baja guys mount the damper backwards so the fixed tower is in the front instead of at the back. Is there a product to adapt it?

Thanks

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
Thanks - I went through the Q&A on Scotts site. As easy as 1,2,3!

I am not going to commit to a bar placement until I've had a few rides on the new bike though.

azcourt

Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by Kwi-Chang
Thanks - I went through the Q&A on Scotts site. As easy as 1,2,3!

I am not going to commit to a bar placement until I've had a few rides on the new bike though.

Goo idea, I picked position 2 before riding it figuring I'm short. It was way too close for me.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
I ordered position #3 with mine, and have since then gotten the position#4 clamp. Its just a matter of changing the top clamp. No big deal.

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
Just sitting on the bike tells me that the 4th position would be right for me. I am 6'+ and long limbed and like a forward bar position - in fact I don't think I have ever heard anybody say that their handle bars were too far forward.

Thanks Guys

Top Bottom