motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
anybody done this? I'm considering a 525exc, and of all the silly things to be worried about....I would want some type of passenger pegs. This bike would be replacing an XRL, and some times we'll go for a short ride 2-up or go for a nature trial ride. I realize the seat will be a board back there, that could be remedied I think but what about pegs? Would the subframe handle pegs being clamped on, and the weight of a passenger? We are both fairly lightweight people.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I've seen billet alum racks mounted on the back of ktm's I don't know why you couldn't fab up some passenger pegs...

If you decide on an orange bike, let me know..

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
That's true. I'm not as worried about how to put footpegs on it, as I am the bike/subframe handling the weight of the rider. Something could probably be fabbed up to reinforce. I don't mind adding a few pounds to the bike if that's what it takes. Funny thing is, of the literally thousands of post i"ve read, I've never seen anyone that has done this.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
the rear subframe is triangulated, like most bikes.
the rear of the seat is supported by a tab. Like I said, I've seen cargo racks mounted back there, and they also bolt to the subframe... www.promotobillet.com

Last edited by a moderator:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I appreciate the offer, but for me it has to be steet legal, from the factory. In Iowa and Wisconsin (not to mention a growing list of other states) they are really cracking down on "kitted" dirt bikes.

A few years ago a bunch of guys were buying KTMs and getting plates, rumor has it the "non orange" dealer got jealous because the title on their japanese bikes said "off road only" (they had nothing to offer to compete) so they ratted to the proper authorities and a bunch of guys that spent $8000 on a bike with the idea of riding on the street got their plates yanked. :|

Top Bottom