59th & Douglas Practice 11/30 - Oklahoma City

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Got a last minute urge to ride the day track at 59th today. Temps were in the 50's, a nice day for riding. I took my 76 Maico AW250 and my 03 YZ 250. 59th has some of the best dirt I've ridden. The track was nicely prepped with about 6 inches of loose sandy loam for the tires to hook up in. This track was fairly suited for the late 70's suspension on the Maico with only one double - double section that I rolled (rolled it on the YZ too!) I decided to ride the Maico first. They were running 30 minute motos and I am good for about ten then I get to panting like a worn out coon hound. I manage to hold my own on the old Maico, even managing to pass a few guys on modern bikes. About twenty minutes in and I'm starting to poop out.... a hot dog kid on a CRF 450 passed me, roosting about a half a cup of that nice red dirt directly into my lungs!! I commenced spitting and hacking and decided to pull off and drink some water. The kamakazie 80 kids take over the track and I took a break. Next moto I rode the YZ. It was a lot of fun and really hooked up good. I was wheelieing a wooped out back straight on the track and just generally having a good ol time. I rode another moto on the Maico and decided to call it quits. Nice day, cool track and a good time!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry you had to go by yourself.  Maybe I can make it down there some time soon.

Top Bottom