5th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well it’s that time of year again and time to plan our Spring ride at Paragon. Some of you are planning to ride at the Hatfield McCoy trail system in WV in late April but not everyone can make the long trip there so we’ll still have a ride at Paragon. This year I made an effort to check enduro and hare scramble schedules so more of you can make it and I picked June 11th & 12th. This date will allow the Hatfield McCoy group to recoup and hopefully miss other scheduled events. Feel free to beat on me about the date. At least it’s still in the Spring ;)

It will be a two day event and I will reserve our usual spot at the Red Ridge camp ground. While it’s a 2 day ride feel free to come either for Saturday or Sunday only. The camping Saturday is half the fun though, it’s always fun looking for vapor trails—right PK? ;)

We usually have a real good turn out and I hope we do this year. If we have at least 25 people we get a $5 discount so post in this thread if you plan on coming and how many there will be in your group. All skill levels are welcome as well as families so make sure you don’t miss this!

Information on Paragon can be found at www.paragonap.com

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I am in as well as my sdekick who came last time, hopefully to two kids behing my house will come also but cant garuentee that. How does the whole camping thing work? I def want to camp this year so i have more time to ride and dont have to worry about driving 2 hrs there, riding all day then 2 hrs back. But othere than that i'm in

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
We'll have to see. It's difficult to plan things out that far, especially so close to summer.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will be there at least for Saturday, not sure about Sunday yet. but I'm a nobody and dont count towards your discount anyway. Now lets go riding

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It's on my schedule Dave. Looking forward to it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Woods! I see you can finally get back on DRN. I hope you can make it.

BTW, I emailed some of you but a lot of the addresses got kicked back. If you didn't get an email and you want to get on my distribution list then send me an email me at rmguy@dirtrider.net

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Should be there like always. Cant wait to ride Paragon again as its been a long time now.

As for the camping part Sick, we reserve a group area and then everyone just pitches camp where they like. Some bring pop up campers, other use our truck tents, etc. I believe its $10/night per person last year. They have fire rings so bringing firewood is good. I usually hual out a large bundle to use. They have a bath house with really nice hot showers, running water, real toliets, electric, etc. If you have an RV or huge trailor you have to get one of the bigger sites across the road.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
what kind of excuse can I come up with this year. :think: How about I don't have a bike anymore nah... that would really suck. I'll try to make it but, the kid gets married 7/9 so I don't want any bruses that show ;)

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Vapour Trails

I believe the term was JETSTREAMS :)
maybe now that PK is learning how to drive airplanes, he to can fly like a KAW :nener:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
How could you forget what I look like? Think Johnny Depp only older, fatter, less hair and not as good looking. :nener:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Even if there aren't many newbies, someone will want to take an easy loop. You can count on it! Well you can count on it if RMGuy is going to be there. . . :moon:

Besides, I knew they were power lines all the time. I was just messin' with you!

No really

Stop laughing

OK, it's not that funny.

Will you get up off the floor, you're making a scene!:pissed:

:bang:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
i like the easy trails :laugh: I will do the technical stuff also to a certain extent so if anyone is looking to ride the easier loops i will be happy to go. Dont think this doesn;t mean i wont do the harder one, i just need to warm up first, last time i took two spills within 5 min of eachother because i wasnt prepared. :bang:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I can do the more technical stuff but last time I went i had a rough night before and it showed. I did follow RM_Guy and a few others through i nice run though and enjoyed it but had to cut out early because of almost running out of gas. Then me and my buddy just went for a stroll. Got lost a few times but was def worth it. Some of the easier trails i enjoyed a lot because there was a nice scenic view on most of them. I'm ready to ride tho, riding quads aren;t half as fun and I'm itching for it to get nice out to really run my RM, Haven't had a real run on it yet since i bought it, so i'm sure i will take it easy for a little till i get it adjusted right for me. Is it June yet? :bang:

usgpru27

Jan 15, 2005
Sick, Man we need to hook up when it gets a little warmer. I am in NJ around the prinston area. I have a lot of riding experiance (road racing) but this is my first dirt bike.. I give motorcycles the respect they demand and look forward to learning how to ride and doing so the correct way. At 42 I like to think it is my wisdom coming out finally..

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Alot of us usually do the tuff stuff first thing while we're not exhausted then do the easy stuff in the afternoon when we're sore and tired. I fell for the "We'll just go for a quick easy ride" in the afternoon once and kicked my pig about 60 times cause my hands were so weak i couldnt pull in the clutch all the way. Dont get me wrong i still had fun but i repeat, "Dont follow Eugene into the woods". BTW where is that crazy nut?

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Treejumper said:
Alot of us usually do the tuff stuff first thing while we're not exhausted then do the easy stuff in the afternoon when we're sore and tired. I fell for the "We'll just go for a quick easy ride" in the afternoon once and kicked my pig about 60 times cause my hands were so weak i couldnt pull in the clutch all the way. Dont get me wrong i still had fun but i repeat, "Dont follow Eugene into the woods". BTW where is that crazy nut?

I like the easier stuff first so i can warm up to it, going right to the technical stuff I never really cared for because of having to get use to everything in such a short time. Everytime I go riding I swear i'm goin to stay in the night before and get a good nights sleep but something always comes up and I never get a good nights sleep. So maybe this time I will and be more prepared.

usgpru27, once it gets warmer i'll be glad to meet up with you and whoever else. Greenmailer is in the general area and we been trying to find other spots to ride with out being hasseled. I will keep you posted on when a ride goes down.

Top Bottom