5th Wheel...Ragen or Weekend Warrier?

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
5th Wheel...Rage'n or Weekend Warrior?

We are thinking about buying a 5th wheel toy hauler (about 30').
After looking at a couple of different brands, we came down to "Rage'n" and "Weekend Warrior".
Does anyone have any comment on these two trailers?

We have some friends who have Weekend Warriors, and we know they are very popular and have great quality. But we also liked Rage'n and its quality, and it is hard to decide...... :think:

Mini

Last edited:

TooBadBrad

Jan 31, 2003
I don't have any first hand experiance, but a friend of mine has a rage'n and is very happy with it. It looks like a great rig to me, and I'll be getting one someday. You can contact him at Starman racing, there's a link on the Sac. Pitts site. His name is Mike Fenner, he is big into vintage trials. Brad

Dez-Rat

Oct 8, 2003
Warrior all the way!! I have the 2905 model and am very happy. Quality is supreior. The Ragen is good also but is alot heavier. I shoped for about two years before I made my decision. Also if you have a short bed P/U you will need a sliding hitch so you don't smash your truck when making tight turns.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
Going with the 5 th wheel set up is smart. 5th wheels sure pull nice compared to the trailers. Our 35 footer pulls real nice. Are you getting a separate living compartment design or just separate bedroom with the rest being hauling and living combined? I really like how ours is separate all the way around. We have a 15' slide in the living and makes for a very roomy and much cleaner place. The hauling compartment is plenty of room for 2 jetskis, 2 dirtbikes, a barbeque grill and all the other camping stuff. You could probably put 4 more bikes in place of two jetskis for a total of 6 bikes. Ours is a Kit "Patio Hauler". Have you checked out the new Kit Extreme too? I havnt not checked out a Rage'n but the warriors are nice. Many brands seem to offer real simialr layouts. We found ours used at less than half the price and not very old so we couldnt pass it up. These things deprieciate terribly but it seems hard to find very many used toy hauling trailers, its easy to find regular ones.

Last edited:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Mini,
I'd like to sell my Patio Hauler - let's talk. Maybe work out a trade plus cash?

I looked for a year before purchasing my Patio Hauler and I was not impressed enough with WW to spend the extra money for the WW name.

Brian

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Thank you all for your input!
Sarah and Brian, I wish we don't have to care about the size and weight of the trailer, but we believe 5 foot makes a big difference on the roads we go on.
We have 3 kids (2 of them are adult size), and we do need good accommodation for bike storage, sleeping and living, and we thought 30 foot is the right size for us.
BTW, we saw "Gear Box the other day. That thing is so sweet!! :cool: It has everything what we want on our trailer. Too bad they haven't made 5th wheel yet. :ugg:
Mini

Last edited:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Mini,
The only place I'd hesitate to take my 36ft 5th wheel again is that 'secret' place north of Sacramento where I attended a riding school. Otherwise, it hasn't been an issue if somebody is around to help guide me into a spot if I have to back in.

Good luck & happy hunting,
Brian

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Thank you, Brian!
That's nice to know that you've hardly had any problem on towing your trailer. I'm no help for driving except for driving on a straight freeway, so I'm trying not to push Buddy. :)
We just found out that Fleetwood RV is making 5th wheel Gear Box in 2004, so we might just wait until they actually make one. ;)
Mini

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
We just looked at a 30' Rage'N fiver this weekend and were very impressed. It was one of the only ones we've looked at that we could stand upright in the front bedroom (we're 6'+). The build quality looked good. The only negative that I could find was the goofy cabinet/niche thing on the left side interior...not sure what you'd put in all the open cubby holes besides a TV and it seemed like an afterthought.

I found out that Desert Fox will be introducing a fifth wheel soon. Desert Fox makes one of the highest quality trailers you'll ever find...loads of storage, very well built. I think we're going to wait for one.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Happy hunting Mini! Can't wait to see it when you make a decision. We'll have a 'RV Warming' of sorts the next time we are all together ;)

Sometimes I think about getting my own trailer, but Karna and Justin have not kicked me out of the tent trailer yet and I always have the tent. Towing stuff scares the heck out of me.

jak525

Jan 19, 2004
I have a 33TB Tahoe Transport. I love it but of course after you get one and use it a couple of times you wish you had something bigger or wish it was a little different. Next time Im getting a slide out and a garage partition.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by jak525
I have a 33TB Tahoe Transport. I love it but of course after you get one and use it a couple of times you wish you had something bigger or wish it was a little different. Next time Im getting a slide out and a garage partition.

How soon is next time? My Patio Hauler is for sale.

Brian

Top Bottom