nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well... we have always wanted land and a track and all that stuff... but settled for building a house last year on a tiny 50'x125' lot smack dab in the middle of town. After having stuff stolen out of our old race trailer, we decided it's time to start lookin in the country.

Tonight we're presenting a contract to a lady on 6.5 acres of land!! If she accepts, the contract is contingent upon us getting a variance from zoning in order to build on the land. So we have our fingers crossed that all goes well.

The best part is the property location - our good friends have 7 wooded acres across the street with a fully stocked fishing pond and trails and they race too. We probably spend 1/2 our time over there now anyways. Then the next door (and across a farm field) neighbors are also our friends and ride and have horses and a pool and best of all a "community" motocross track in the back of their property. Then next door to them is my aunt and uncle (also have a pool)! And the back of our property is the ComEd power line eavesment so no back yard neighbors ever. Talk about nice location!

Not to mention the property is a killer deal. There is some wooded property for sale across the street for outrageous prices! 17 acres for $1.2 million and another 15 acres for $1.0 million!! The lady selling this is selling by owner and the property seems severely underpriced. But I've spent a bunch of time on the phone with the county and it sounds like everything is good to go. I keep wondering if it's too good to be true!

I guess we'll know soon enough! Here's a photo of the property:

Attachments

• property1.jpg
    property1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by nikki
And the back of our property is the ComEd power line eavesment so no back yard neighbors ever.
Got our fingers crossed that this statement comes true :yeehaw: .
BTW at the nikki/red spodefest I'll park our camper by the pond ;)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Cool deal! Sounds like a dream come true! My fingers are crossed for you guys.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
and a panhandle to boot - sweet :thumb:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya chica! :thumb: When you get that place and you want someone to go horse shopping with you, just give me a buzz. ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Movin' to the country. . gonna eat me a lot of peaches. . .

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
WooooHooo!!  Ima gonna start packing now so's when I get that invite I'll be ready!!! :cool:

Very cool, I wish for you that the whole thing goes through the way you want it. (fingers crossed, wish upon a star!!)

Natty

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Nikweek '04 - I like the sound of that.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well the seller was ready to sign the contract tonight - but we had her last name spelled wrong! So I told her I'd get her a new contract tomorrow! :thumb:

Next up is the 3-4 month variance process with county zoning in order to build on the property. Then the closing and all that good stuff. Darn the long drawn out wait process! But the ball is rolling... :yeehaw:

If everything works out... I can see a housewarming Spodefest in the future :yeehaw:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Best of luck to y'all!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Sounds perfect, Nikki!  Hope it works out for you. :thumb:

BSWIFT