JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Just a friendly reminder: SPEED will air the Seattle SX at 7 pm Central tonight, followed by the Seattle Lites at 8 pm and LIVE coverage of the finals in Vegas at 9 pm.

Stock up on chips & drinks, and take the phone off the hook. :cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Oldguy,do you have an airplane,or fast helicopter?I do not think I could make it in 2 hours,but are you up for a trip tomorrow?How about predictions,MA will not finish in the top 10,3 kaws on the lites podium(not a sw slur)Cr may have something in his last big hoorah,but after last week!And I hope FK is there in the lites,last year he almost died,unbelievable how well he rode last week!

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Chris K said:
That track is crazy..
It's not the track, i think it's the #1 plate thang on the bike, has always and will always be unsolved crashout mystery in sx/mx, ask the GOAT or the fastest man on planet who chose to stay with the #7 .

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Does anybody else think there were too many jumps on that track? The riders spend half of the time in the air and nothing really happens in the air. No passing, no blocking, no nothing. Having all of those big jumps makes the riders focus on setting up for the jumps because if they set up wrong, they crash. They can't focus on blocking riders, passing, or running a bunch of different lines. Everybody just single files out. Then, when they get to an interesting section like thunder alley, they're all so far apart that they remain single file through the section. The track should have more sections like the table tops, the small triple going into thunder alley, and the thunder alley. These are sections of track where riders can be agressive and mix up lines. If they come up short on a jump, the jumps are small enough that the riders don't die. All of the rest of the jumps are just there for the spectacle and not for the racing.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
76GMC1500 said:
Does anybody else think there were too many jumps on that track? The riders spend half of the time in the air and nothing really happens in the air. No passing, no blocking, no nothing. Having all of those big jumps makes the riders focus on setting up for the jumps because if they set up wrong, they crash. They can't focus on blocking riders, passing, or running a bunch of different lines. Everybody just single files out. Then, when they get to an interesting section like thunder alley, they're all so far apart that they remain single file through the section. The track should have more sections like the table tops, the small triple going into thunder alley, and the thunder alley. These are sections of track where riders can be agressive and mix up lines. If they come up short on a jump, the jumps are small enough that the riders don't die. All of the rest of the jumps are just there for the spectacle and not for the racing.
That is SX.
The real battle to win races are in the outdoors that is called MX. The only real connection is that they both are done on motorcycles

A quote from one of the first Great outdoors DVDs (it's been so long I don't remember it word for word or who said it :bang: )
"SX is entertainment like a ballet. MX is a war"

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I missed the race :( I read that stewart lead for all 20 laps. Was this race boring or interesting?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
The 250f class was more interesting to me than the 450f. But it was pretty funny watching Reed try to keep up to Stewart. Bubba is ONE fast rider.

I<3Dirt

Feb 3, 2007
sixds said:
pretty much boring. right after the holeshot i knew bubba would win.

Exactly.
Although,there was a couple good battles for 3rd and second.
And, I haven't watched too many SX races lately, but what was with Stewarts gear? Does he really like pink?, did Kawi give him some cash to wear it? Or was it some kind of bet that he lost :whoa:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
oldguy said:
That is SX.
The real battle to win races are in the outdoors that is called MX. The only real connection is that they both are done on motorcycles

A quote from one of the first Great outdoors DVDs (it's been so long I don't remember it word for word or who said it :bang: )
"SX is entertainment like a ballet. MX is a war"

Yeah, I do love those nationals but they don't seem to be broadcasted as often.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Best part of the whole nite was K-Dub catching and passing (albeit just for a moment) Reed. KW has found some speed, should do well outdoors. Gotta think it's him or Ferry in the 2nd spot.

Oh and BTW.... BRING THE NATS!!! Time for some REAL racing!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I feel bad for MA and even more for DM,that hurt watching!My personal opinions of kawasaki are at an all time low!When KW caught you know who,I was grinning ear to ear!Gm the nats usually have the same pathetic coverage as sx,I am tempted to give euro some of my money to watch LIVE mx on my computer/TV!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
KW has found some speed, should do well outdoors. Gotta think it's him or Ferry in the 2nd spot.
givin' first to J-Stew already? If Windham can give him any kind of pressure outside Bubba could take a few dirtnaps.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
XRpredator said:
givin' first to J-Stew already? If Windham can give him any kind of pressure outside Bubba could take a few dirtnaps.
I think BS (<-- :laugh: ) might have a year or two of uncontested winning, but once some of the new kids get comfortable and crank the pressure up I can see plenty of soil investigation happening. Then again maybe he'll be able to adapt and stay on top like RC did? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Top Bottom