loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
6 Years Ago, Everything Changed.

People gained a consciousness of life they never wanted to have. They realized that everything in this world is fragile, and unfortunately temporary. Lives, memories, dreams, peace, and goodness all fall short at some point in time.

Why? Only God Knows Why.

But on that day six years ago I also realized something. Make every moment in this life count. Sitting in that 6th grade study hall watching CNN was enough to make a 11 year old kid realize that his actions now will affect the outcome of his life in the long run. You don't have any second chances... because before you know it you could be taken away from the people you love or they could be taken away from you.

While I personally did not lose anyone on this day in history, I know many friends who did. I also know of many men and women who lost their lives for each and everyone of us. Why?

Because they knew that every moment in this life is precious. And anything precious is worth fighting for. To them, God Bless.

I look around and I see my friends committed to a cause greater than us all. I see friends that volunteer to fight the fires, I see friends that volunteer to fight the evil, and they all know and all realised 6 years ago today that there is a reason for for everything they do. And to them God Bless.

God bless the 343 Fire Fighters that lost their lives protecting innocent people from the effects of a *******y attack on life.

God bless the men that lost there lives and livelyhoods fighting in the places were evil is brewed and the very freedom we enjoy is smited.

Whether you agree with the politics or the useless bull**** that goes along with... there is one thing we can all agree upon;

That this life is to short to walk around aimlessly and not take action. Be there for your fellow neighbor, whether it be volunteering or just trying to be a friend to someone in need - we all need to try to make this life alittle better for the next guy.

Because for now... that is all we can do.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Thank you for writing that.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Well thought out and well written. It's a shame that something so obvious can be lost on so many.

Thank you.

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
Sometimes you just need to sit back and think of what is really going on. These last couple weeks have been pretty crazy in my life. And then last night I was just watching CNN and reliving everything. It played back in my mind like a reel of film. I appreciate people being able to relate to my post, i wrote it because i thought people needed to hear, and that is all.

And yes im seventeen, but you would be amazed what most seventeen year olds think, they just need to say it in a little different way.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
FiremanCRF450R said:
That is very impressive for a seventeen year old to be saying, I applaud you and we need a lot more kids like you. :)

Ditto!

Thank you Loudandproud for writing that - and I am in 100% agreement with you. We are all here for each other.

:cool:

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
FiremanCRF450R said:
That is very impressive for a seventeen year old to be saying, I applaud you and we need a lot more kids like you. :)
I must echo in agreement to what others have said about your post....but I have a question for you: How is it and why is it that you at 17 years think the way you do?
Traditionally, those who know more than I, seek understand why young people behave/think "negatively" without regard to themselves or others.
I'd like to know who or what influenced you towards a level of maturity and thoughfulness that I can only hope my own children attain at such an early age.

Ken (Who's father used to say: "Use your head for something other than I hat rack")

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
Short story: Things Happen, Life Sucks for a while, you think about, you get over it and you move on.

All those things kind of add up and change you over time. You begin to look at things alittle bit differently.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Very nicely said loudandproud! Thanks for sharing.

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
Okiewan said:
So with all that said, how does your forum name look to ya? :p
To be honest I am confused. Thank you for the Good Post thingy if that is what you are referring to. It isn't necessary but definitely appreciated.

Top Bottom