6th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride 6/16-18

What day and how many in your group? (pick all that apply)

• Total voters

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It’s time to start planning our annual Spring ride at Paragon. This year it will be on Father’s Day weekend, June 16-18. The prior week interferes with Southwick and I got tired of all the whining from PK and Scooter so this year there’s no conflict. It’s still officially Spring so we’re safe. Some of us are getting together on April 1st if anyone wants to join in. Here’s a link to the thread http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?p=1028694#post1028694

We’ll do the same thing as in years past with riding Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Camping will be at Redridge and I will reserve our usual spot for Friday and Saturday nights. If you can only make it for 1 or 2 days then plan on Saturday if you can. That is usually when most people can make it anyway. I plan on getting there Friday morning to ride, camp Friday night and ride all day Saturday.

During a work party last Fall we opened up some single track trails that hook other trails together for a nice long loop. I’m looking forward to seeing them at bike speed instead of walking speed.

I will try to get a discount again this year but the logistics of everyone arriving on different times and days it is tough to do. Last year everyone had ID cards that worked out fairly well but I still need to work it out with the Paragon management. I’ll keep you posted.

Please vote in the poll for what days you plan on riding and how many will be in your group.

Riding starts at 10 each day.

Paragon www.paragonap.com
Redridge Campground http://www.gocampingamerica.com/redridgelake/

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I will be arriving Friday, probably late afternoon/evening, so we won't be riding on Friday. But we plan to ride Saturday and Sunday!

After all, it is Father's Day on Sunday, we can't just ditch PK ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I hope Dave and Lori can make it. Maybe the closing on their house will be the same weekend, yeah that would be cool. :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Voted. Connor wants to know who's bringing kids.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Dave - do you know what time check-in is allowed at Red Ridge?

Rooster and I are hopefully planning to leave early, early Friday morning (possibly even Thursday evening) to beat the traffic, and make the trip the 5-6 hours it should be, rather than the 8-9 it took last time!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
squeaky said:
Dave - do you know what time check-in is allowed at Red Ridge?

Rooster and I are hopefully planning to leave early, early Friday morning (possibly even Thursday evening) to beat the traffic, and make the trip the 5-6 hours it should be, rather than the 8-9 it took last time!
Aren't ya gonna ride on Friday? If you ride Friday you can come directly to Paragon first. That's what I plan on doing.

When I make the reservations I'll let them know that some may be checking in early. Since we'll be in a group area it probably won't be a problem.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
We are not riding on Friday. We want to just show up, set up camp and hang out Friday...and save our energy for the rest of the weekend!!!!

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I want to keep this active. Make sure you vote in the poll for what day's you be there. I know there are a lot more of ya out there! :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okay, Rooster and I have 100% decided what we're doing.

We're driving down Friday morning, probably be there around 2 p.m. or so. We're going straight to the campground to set up and relax. Then we're riding Saturday and Sunday!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Is it June yet?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ahhh, Im not doing the poll but I probably be there all weekend. Ill know more about 2 weeks before but I dont see any reason I cant get up there as of now. I will camp were ever the party is :aj:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I'll be there at least for friday and saturday. I didnt vote because I dont want to throw off the count for the discount.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tree meets knee

I'll be there for the weekend with a couple of riding buddies but we're all members os don't want to through off your count either.
I don't know how many of you have been out there yet but I was out on 3/11 and came around a blind conner with shall we say a little too much steam... Well it didn't end so great.. There was a fresh cut tree that was sticking about 2 feet into the trail and I tried to miss but..... my right knee caught it dead center. I dislocated the knee and went down hard... Moral is I feel I should have ridden the trails at least once through to be sure there where no obstacles before putting the screws to it... Anyway the knee is healing and I have been back out riding since. Sure would have been nice of whoever cut the tree to push it back into the woods but then again if we ask for that what's next, pick up all the rocks?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'll be making reservations this week at Red Ridge for Friday and Saturday night. Looks like we may not have enough for the discount but hopefully more will do the poll. Trigger says he can't make it so unless someone can shame him into it, he'll be missed—especially if it rains and there is any water at all!!

I’m getting’ pumped for this ride! :) It’s always a lot of fun and I look forward to seeing everyone again. If the April 1st ride was any indication we’re gonna have a blast!!!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Is it June yet?

:yeehaw:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Why does Trigger always miss the rides. whats it going on, geeze

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm wearing a cheaper watch this time around.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
RM_guy said:
Trigger says he can't make it so unless someone can shame him into it, he'll be missed—especially if it rains and there is any water at all!!

Trigger...I will not stand for you missing any more of these rides. :|

You'll be missed if you don't make it :(

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
well if you didnt miss the april ride, then maybe you would have seen him :fft:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
scooter1130 said:
well if you didnt miss the april ride, then maybe you would have seen him :fft:

:blah:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Did someone call my name? Hello all! Sorry guys but I will be in Laconia New Hampshire for bike week that week so no riding for me. I learned some very important lessons the last time in Paragon. I learned that my DRZ is a VERY heavy bike! Try picking it up 7 times. I also learned that it hurt when it falls on top of you, see first lesson. I learned that a piece of slate lying flat and wet is like ice. Should have had a helmut cam for that but I am sure Nate has a great vivid snapshot in his head. The next time I do ride I have a new member to bring up. His name is Kenny, AKA Fro', and I just put together a 93 RM 250 for him to beat up at Paragon. Sorry to miss you all but I should make the fall ride.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
fall ride? wait a miniute...there is a lot of time between spring and fall. I hope you can make it up to Paragon before that.

ohh and are you sending your brother in your place, I saw in another thread that he has been spotted.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I'm still planning on attending! Just got my new top end parts and heavy rear spring to compensate for my "winter bulk up" ordered yesterday. Ken and I should be wrenching on it next weekend. We did his KDX 220 top end last weekend so we should be golden for June latest! Troublesome Mike has already been pestering me to get up there with him :rolleyes: I guess we can look forward to another season of his shennanigans! haha...:)

Top Bottom