6th Annual DRN Fox Valley Offroad Ride - June 21-23 '07!!

B

biglou

The 6th Annual DRN Fox Valley Offroad ride at Wardy's park is scheduled for Thursday, June 21st, through Saturday, June 23rd! :aj:

www.foxvalleyoffroad.com is located in Wedron, IL, just north of I-80, about 1 hour south-west of Chicago. Miles of trails, stadium style MX track, kids only track, plus camping, fireside stories, and having a good time! Hotels also located in Ottawa, IL (10 minutes away). I think the park is closed on Thursdays, so we'll have the place to ourselves on that day! Wardy also has a Megacross race Saturday night the 23rd (www.megacross.com). Megacross is about 25 minutes from the park for anyone who wants to race, or watch some of the best racing under the lights in the Midwest before they head home!

Here's the roster so far - who else is in?? :ride:

-Lou
-Nik & Red
-Buko & The The Mayor (Stacy & Swamp Rat)
-SeniorKX & Eric
-Oldguy(?)
-Mully(?)
-Captain Obvious(?)
-Wolfgang & Hunter, (ja?)
-Moltenmetal(?)
-WaltC & youngins(?)
-Chopper Freakin' Dave(?)
-AJ Waggoner(?)
-Mr & Mrs MxSparx
-Offloader (?)
-IndoYZ85

Last edited by a moderator:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
No youngin this year Lou, he's being edjumacated.
Just me and the Mrs.

BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
Hmmm break bones...rehab ..ride at Wardys.... I am
starting to see a pattern here :bang:

Cant wait ... see yall soon :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
biglou said:
Wolfy-Call the good captain and have him check in.

The call was made.

Connor is playing select soccer this summer. The first tournament is on the above noted weekend. Soccer WILL interfere with riding until August. :(

That doesn't mean that I might not fly out to drink a beer or three on Thursday night.

I'll keep you informed.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Put it on the calender, start of Hurricane season, :yell: which has screwed up lots of plans in the past.
Barbs even got a four :bang: (wheeler) now so she can have some fun to!

B

biglou

Four weeks to go...

I will arrive around midnite Friday nite this year (new job), ride Saturday at FVOR and race at Megacross Saturday night.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I put it on the schedule. Not 100% sure I can make it but I will try. It's been several years since I made it out to Wardy's.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I'm in. Same bikes as last year, the good old '03 CR250 and the "mini", RM85L.

It sounds like Jake and Steve are coming too (these guys have both been to Dirtweek several years). Jake traded his 100,000 lap CRF450 for a new CRF450. It's hard to say which bike Steve will bring...he has a few.

Those of you that haven't posted when you are arriving, could you post when you will be arriving as soon as you know? It's looking like Thursday and maybe even Wednesday evening for us, departing Saturday or Sunday.

Also, my wife may come along. She hasn't really met any of you guys (and gals), and every time I go to one of these DRN events I come home talking about how great all the folks are. The only thing is, she isn't big on camping without access to a shower. Does the office have showers? We would be happy to chip in a bit extra $ for the use of showers.

Oh yea...and Lou, I look forward to hearing about the new job! Are you sure you won't be feeling a bit "ill" on that Friday ? :laugh:

Last edited:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
We're pulling in Wed. night riding FVOR Thur., Fri., Sat.,, racing MegaX Sat. night leaving sometime on Sunday.
Scott, your wife is more than welcome to use our indoor plumbing at the Super 8 :cool: .

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Im a hopefull on Thursday and Friday. Saturday is Bobs High School graduation and Stephs middle school graduation combo party. Ive got to go over my responsibilities for Friday before committing on how long I can be there.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We were talking about the Fox Valley ride today.... I think me, Buko, and the Mayor are gonna arrive Thursday evening, riding FVOR on Friday (and maybe Saturday morning), and racing Megacross on Saturday night. Red's gonna try to get off of work too. Also have a few freinds that might come out with us. We've talked to some people that say the new Fox Valley track changes are really cool, so we're looking forward to checking it out! Lou - you should develop a nasty cold on Thursday at work ;) Do you still have Lil Timmy? Megacross is running their thumper and pitbike classes that night... :ride:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Dang, vacation time for me won't be renewed till the end of July! Must beg boss for a couple days off! :whoa: Martina is determined to come with me this year. :cool:

If the boss lets me off, we will arrive Wed night, and start the pre-party festivities!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Wolf are you going to bring your trials bike?

B

biglou

nikki said:
Lou - you should develop a nasty cold on Thursday at work ;) Do you still have Lil Timmy? Megacross is running their thumper and pitbike classes that night... :ride:
I wasn't planning on bringing Timmy, but I might now, it depends on how energetic I feel Friday after work.

I'll check on time off, as I don't know what the attendance policy is, but overall, things seem really laid back. :)

Oh, and MM better race it too if I do! ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom