6th gear bog and antifreeze smell

breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
I have an 06 200 FMF gnarly woods pipe everything else is stock. I tune the carb with 155 main 45 pilot 1174 needle with the clip in the second from the top position. 40:1 Klotz premix. Alt. is under 1000ft. The bike screems in every gear but 6th, it just doesn't seem to pull as hard in 6th when I drag with my boys. Any ideas what might be happening? Also, when we were dragging yesterday on the second pass I smelled a strong odor of antifreeze when I stopped, the guy I raced smelled it too. I know it was coming from my bike because his is air cooled. I never saw any sign of a leak and I did not smell it again that day. Once again any ideas?
Thanks

Zacharus

Dec 3, 2005
6th gear has a low ratio and is an "overdrive"

just like a 6th gear in a car, it doesnt have much acceleration but its meant to travel faster and low engine speeds..

so dont expect to accelerate as fast in 6th then all of the other gears

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
You may also be getting to the max in sixth gear and expecting more , since I fitted the Pro Circuit pipe I get to top speed very quickly .

duke

Oct 9, 1999
The smell of anti freeze is common if the tank was filled too high. In so doing it has a tendency to spill over onto portions of the hot engine by means of the over flow tube

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I got rid of the tank altogether. Unless you're riding for extended periods at just off idle in first gear (ie. very little air flow over the radiators) I don't think the 200H needs the tank (that may not be the case for the 220), at least mine doesn't anyway.

Top Bottom