Davie

Mar 5, 2009
I have a six year old that rides 4 wheelers I was going to get her 2005 KX65 that i found for a good price. She has very little experience would this be a good starter bike or is it a little to much? Im very green also a beginner and just got a CRF250 for me. But want her to have fun she rode an older honda 70 for a couple days in first gear now she wont ride her four wheeler and wants a dirtbike. I haven't seen the KX65 yet but I think he will sell it to me for 600 and it is suppose to be in good shape and run good.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
They area fairly high strung race bike that would be fine if she is confident on a bike and with throttle and clutch control. That said I can honestly say I would not consider putting any kid of mine on a KX65 at 6 as a first bike. I would be more inclined to be looking at a Honda CRF or XR50 or 70 depending on the height of the child.

Davie

Mar 5, 2009
The crf70 she has been riding has an atomatic clutch like her fourwheeler so i dont think the KX65 will work I might have to get it for me to play on. And keep looking for another bike for her a guy I know has a KTM 50 but I hear they are bad boys to. Wish I could find a Honda CRF or XR 50 or 70 close to me.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think she would adapt to the KTM50 pretty quickly since you don't have to mess with the clutch and shifting. A KX65 would be a bit much especially considering the lack of dirt bike experience. Remember slow and steady winds the race.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I believe Berg Racing makes an auto clutch setup for the KX65, but it's still a rather high-strung machine.

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
the 65 has a nice little powerand, that is pretty snappy, and would prolly scare your daughter...with here having to worry about the clutch on the 65....the last thing you want is her being scared of the bike, and worrying about shifting...i am like the other guys...wait a few years on the 65

Davie

Mar 5, 2009
thanks guys that is what I wanted to know. Im a green horn but love the bikes just don't know enough about them. Guess I would have seen it was to much when I went and looked at it but ya'll are a great help.

yz250kx65

Jul 26, 2009
I just bought my 9-yr old son an '05 KX65. He's been riding a chinese 4-stroke 110cc bike the past 2-3 yrs. The KX65, even at less CC's was a whole different ball game. He's learning well though. I'm like the other guys here.....the 65 might be a little too much right now.

Top Bottom