hnix83

Nov 27, 2007
I just got a 1973 yamaha enduro (100) from an uncle and i'm trying to get it running. Problem is that my uncle pulled all the wires out for some reason and the wires that are left aren't really color-coded anymore. I've been trying to find a wiring diagram for a couple of weeks, but no luck, the closest I came was downloading a manual, but it's black and white and kind of a mess to figure out. If anyone knows where a colored wiring diagram is or if anyone can sum it up for, I'd really appreciate it, I'm starting to get a little frustrated. Thanks for the time!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Don't think you'll ever find a colored wiring diagram for a 73 Yamaha. Take your diagram to a bike shop and they may be able to explain it to you so you can make notes on it and use it to diagnose your problem.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Was that a CDI unit yet or still points? If its CDI, its not that complex, at least to get it running. (Saying nothing about the lighting or anything.)

it may be a three way triangular rubber connector coming from the magneto...goes to the CDI unit, then the same type connector from the CDI box to the ignition coil. That should be about it for spark on a CDI unit. I simplified a '75 DT400 that way for MX.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom