the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
x

Last edited:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Forgetting your green sticker !?? What a knucklehead! We had to make a plan quick so we decided to opt for the Jedi mind control - "These are not the droids you're looking for." Worked like a charm ;)

Yes I do have a case of the old "saddle-sores". Mostly b/c I need to get used to the power a bit more before I stand up too much (it's harder to get off balance while sitting!). Yep, this bike is everything I hoped and thought it would be. The weight & handling make it so much easier to ride than the XR... and exciting too! The "East Frazier trail" is a long uphill - loose rocky singletrack w/ lots of really tight switchbacks. It used to be a handful w/ the XR b/c the front end would be all over the place & the back as well. I would have to take the switchbacks pretty slowly. W/ the GG, it was cake.... the front stayed straight, good traction & I went thru the switchbacks far quicker than I ever did before. Just had to be mindful of the throttle. At one point I think I (unintentionally) had the front wheel in the air over a short steeper section of small step ups - :eek: whoops - easy now.

This XC does have a bit of hit in it. I think maybe it can be jetted better - although I'm a 2-stroke rookie & don't know much better. It was a bit "burbly" compared to the Eel's smooth chainsaw sounding Husky - I am a bit envious of that. :debil: When we switched off I felt a little safer on his bike cause he's now got it dialed in so freakin' perfect now (hey it only took you a year! :moon: ! His bike was a joy to ride (even though I wish it was a 200!) when only a month ago I handed it back to him at Phelan & said "Man, I don't know how you ride that thing!". I haven't set the sag yet or even touched a clicker on my new redhead & it was pretty darn good. If it's already this close to great as a starting point, well ... I can sleep good at night!

I'm very happy with this bike & I give the XC250 the offical endorsement of Team Knucklehead. Looking forward to next week's enduro for some more seat time :)

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Great report on an exotic bike. :cool:

Originally posted by mxbundy
So what do you think Eel? Will we see you on a red 250?

I'm thinking CRF250 for the Eel. :D

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
You won't be seeing me on either of those red bikes anytime soon ...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…