Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
I'm in the process of resurrecting a '74 Suzuki TS250 and I've run into a road block. The bike sat for several years in the elements before I acquired it. The forks were frozen, but I managed to free them and, with some elbow grease and very fine grit sandpaper, have them sliding nicely again. The problem is the fork springs were under pressure for many years and one has compressed so that they are about two-three inches different in length. Does anyone know a source for replacement fork springs for vintage dirt bikes? Or, alternately, does anyone know a similar vintage bike that has similar forks I could use as a replacment?

Thanks

Mar 29, 2005
Vintage Suzuki

try: Dave Boudstun at Arizona Motorcycle Sales type in a m s racing (all one word) .com and that should get ya there,or type it in you'r search, it'll pull it up...but the guy has alot of vintage stuff and is a very knowledgeble guy....Kerry

Tom Cox

May 16, 2003
Parts

Dave should be able to help you out.

[Mod Edit - this part belongs in the For sale Forum]

Just an FYI, steel wool works very well on chrome to remove rust without damaging the surface if you're careful.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlieT

Dec 7, 2004
ANy sources to tell what model year the old suzuki's arefrom the VIN? I've got an old '7X-?? down in the barn that was mostly all there unless the coon's and possums didn't drag it away!!

Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
Sadly, the friction of the cables against the nck wiped out the VIN years ago. This bike was given to me after sitting for many,many years - a lot of it outside. It was surprisingly solid, though, when I wirebrushed the rust from the frame. Texas doesn't eat machines too badly if they're out of the sun. The number on the crankcase is 32503-89920. Maybe someone knows a website I could go to that will let me match engine serial to year?

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
http://www.vintage-suzuki.com/
I don't know if these guys have it or not, but this is a semi-useful website. If they ever get the entire site up and running it'll be 'kick-ass'. Perhaps if more of use show an intrest in it, the resources will start to show up. FYI - EvilBay has a lot of good trinkets from time to time. Check regularly.

Top Bottom