smokey212256

Jan 12, 2007
hi i bought a not running 79 rm 125 from someone to try to get it running. i figured it just had a dirty carb so i cleaned the carb and still wont run. i checked the reed valves checked all bearings has good compression good spark timing is set fresh gas new plug , i even took the carb off and tryed to start with starting fluid still nothing . does anyone have any clue what could be wrong with it . ppppppppplease help me!!!!!!!
thanks in advance
jon

smokey212256

Jan 12, 2007
Plugs not getting wet . The exust is off right now. The crank does have some play, its pitched more to the back of the bike. Please let me know what has to be done. Thanks
Jon

smokey212256

Jan 12, 2007
The Plug Is Getting A Little Wet But It Still Fires Good .it Is Getting Gas . I Do Have The Bikes Service Manuel. About Every Three Kicks It Blows Fir Out Of The Exaust Port. Thanks

smokey212256

Jan 12, 2007
The Piston Is'nt Damaged I Had The Engine Apart And It Was Ok. Th Etiming Is Dead On Where It Was Factory. Is There Anyway That Over Time The Timing May Need To Be Advanced Or Something. Also Could It Be A Problem With Other Electrical Opponents. Thanks For All You Help
Jon

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Now its getting good! Carb set and jetted stock? 100% sure all them passages and jets are clear, good compression, piston intact and installed right, timing close enough, correct plug, clear exhaust and a clean air flter,it should fire. I don't know about checking cdi boxes, seems like they do screwy things and trying to read it does not always show, eliminate everything else first!

Top Bottom