zkling

Jun 30, 2004
hello all, I am in the process of restoring a 79 suzuki rm400, first let me give you a little history about the bike, I bought it for 100.00 dollars the previous owner said that a friend of his came down on the shifter shaft real hard with his foot and bent it so that you can't shift it any more. over all the bike is in pretty good shape no rust at all on it, the front forks look AMAZING!!! no rock damage in them or anything so I decided that since I had to split the cases to replace the shifter shaft, I would like to do a restoration on this bike. is there anyone out there that is and or has restored a rm400?
and if so any tips would be appreciated! also do you guys think that I got a good deal on this bike for 100.00? and finally what would be the best paint to use on the entire bike like the motor, frame and exhaust???
thanks,
zkling

Airfireman

Mar 29, 2004
79 Rm400

Gday Zkling,

Look 5 notices down and you will read alot of info in restoring the RM. I asked about restoring my RM and got some great replies and good links to excellent web sites.

Cheers

Tim

vagakai

Mar 13, 2005
Hello Zkling! I red the story about your RM400, sounds like a great project! Good luck to you. A great source for parts is **** america. I am interesting in seeing a picture of a RM250/ RM400 79' or 80', because I'm told that the aluminium swingarm from such a bike will fit my yamaha.

Regards,
Vagakai

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
zkling said:
I would like to do a restoration on this bike. is there anyone out there that is and or has restored a rm400?
and if so any tips would be appreciated! also do you guys think that I got a good deal on this bike for 100.00? and finally what would be the best paint to use on the entire bike like the motor, frame and exhaust???
thanks,
zkling
Try these guys. I haven't bought anything for my '75 TM 400 from them (yet), but this looks like a pretty good source for stuff :cool: http://www.vintage-suzuki.com/

Top Bottom