79th Pikes Peak International Hillclimb on a YZ426

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Excellent site. I've watched the Gold Rush hillclimb in New Zealand and always wanted to go to Pikes Peak.

What sort of gas do you use?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Your photo page and captions are great! Nice job with your page - it was a lot of fun to read and it seems like you guys had a fantastic time.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Nice page and story Roostn ;)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Well that's good news it's still going on. I read somewhere '00 was going to be the last year as the greenies have been trying to stop it.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey Roostn,

Congratulations on the hillclimb !

Great story and pictures. Brought back some fond memories ! The pictures just don't do justice to what the road is really like.

How did your 426 match-up to the H.Ds and Rotax, and how long did it take to get your jetting down ?

When I raced the hillclimb a few (read many )years ago, you needed both hands to count the number of seized two-strokes. I remember it was a real struggle to get the ol' YZ490 to run well at both the bottom of the hill (around 9400 ft) and the top (14,110 ft.). The XR750s would motor by all the MX bikes, but then would have a heck of a time slowing down for the slick corners. Ah the memories........

CLIFF

Last edited:
Top Bottom