7th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider Spring Ride 6/15-17 at Tower City

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Since Paragon is hit and miss for now CRFguy has been kind enough (thanks Gordon :)) to talk to the management at Tower City http://www.tctri.org/index.html about holding our ride there. They are a bit leery about a large group so we have to be on our best behavior. Here is a link to the rules. http://www.tctri.org/rules.html Read them and obey them.

We need to know as soon as possible how many people plan on attending, what days they will be riding and where they plan on staying. There are several local campgrounds http://www.tctri.org/localcampgrounds.html and hotels http://www.tctri.org/lodging.html There is also a campground on site but I’m not quite sure how that works (CRFguy??)

I plan on camping somewhere and riding Saturday. I’m up for riding Friday too if anyone else is.

Usually this ride has been planned since February so we are bit behind. :ride:

RIDER TALLY

Here’s a tally of who’s coming and on what day. Looks like 4 for riding Friday, 10 for Saturday and some for Sunday. Friday riders should meet at TC between 9 and 9:30 AM, Saturday meet at 8:30 AM.

Let me know if you have changes to this and I will update it. I’ll keep this list in the original first post for this thread so it can be easily found.

RM_guy-ride Friday & Saturday, camping Friday

CRFGuy--ride Friday & Saturday, Staying in a hotel so he doesn’t get his skirt dirty

Squeaky-ride Saturday & Sunday (1/2 day), camping Friday, Saturday

Rooster-ride Saturday & Sunday (1/2 day), camping Friday, Saturday

PK+?-ride Saturday & Sunday (?), camping Friday, Saturday

JasonJ-ride Friday, Saturday & Sunday, camping Friday, Saturday in his van...down by the river, I guess

Never2Old-ride Friday & Saturday, camping (?) Friday

Oskar and son-ride Saturday

MrMXer327 & son-ride Saturday

Matt 193-ride Saturday

Treejumper- Ride…maybe if his unborn child cooperates!

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
camping

Sorry guys my idea of camping is hot and cold running water clean towels AC and I guess I'm somewhat of a wuss in my old age I will check with John about camping there but have a feeling that's only available for members. Give me a day or so to find out.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Oh yeah I plan on being there the whole weekend so riding Friday is no problem and they are open till dusk unlike Praagon who closes at 5. I know most of you just like myself loves Paragon and the guys there and we all hope for the best but we need to do what works for us as well. Tc is a very nice place to ride and their staff is very friendly and willing to help the added bonus is no 4 wheel drive trucks

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I are in - but if Paragon is open that weekend, we're going to Paragon.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Bad idea!

Have to tell you guys that would be a very bad idea. It took some convincing to get them to allow this to happen and that would be a serious slap in their face. In fact I hope they don't even read that post. I did tell them about the site and our group so although we do love Paragon we can learn to love another place just as well. Have you ever been to TC Sam? They actually have more challening single track then Paragon as well as plenty of easy stuff so the group will be quite happy. I'm not trying to say one is better then another just that they both are great places and deserve our support as without them most of us don't have plated dirtbikes so we're back to riding in our backyards.

By saying something like that you give the impression that we're using them for a back-up and if I were John I would simply say the heck with us.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have to agree with you. The ride is planned for TC. If someone wants to go someplace else that's fine but this ride will be at TC. Period. I don't have a problem rotating where we hold the ride and I'm glad they are willing to accomadate us.

I am actually looking forward to riding at TC, since I have never been there. Paragon was actually getting a bit old for me...it's a blast but there wasn't a lot new.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okay, I'm sorry I said that :( I guess I just love Paragon so darn much! But I do have to agree with you Dave - it will be very nice, fun, and refreshing to try a new area!

When are we going to know about camping? $140 for two people to only ride for the weekend is a tad bit expensive, unless camping is included too. If you think about it it's $120 for Paragon and camping for two people. So that's $20 more just for riding, if it doesn't include camping.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
It is on the expensive side, thats why I only go a few times a year. I see thier family rate is $400 a year, so if you guys were plannning to go twice a year or more it would work out but you no longer get a campsite with a membership. Im not sure if you can just stay in a camper over night if your a member or not?
Squeeky, I think I see a little loop hole there where you, PK, and Rooster can get a family membership if your a full time student with ID. Check their rates page.
TC is always loaded with members so they can pretty much raise thier rates to what the demand will bare. Good for them, bad for us.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
We'll probably only go once, maybe twice a year - it's a long drive for us too (6 or so hours). So we'll just pay the guest rate.

Does anyone know anything about camping there yet? I don't want to contact them myself, per Gordon, so I don't overwhelm/harass them!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I was hoping that someone could direct us to a local campsite that we could stay at, like RedRidge. It doesn't look like they will have much for us as far as camping right at the trails. Gordon can let us know.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Of course I'd rather stay at a campground if it means somewhere that has showers!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Uh...yeah thanks Jason. That's the link I posted in my first post. :nener: Is there one of them that's better than the others? ..closer to TC? ...facilities? ...safe to leave stuff all day? ...tolerant of loud and drunken dirt bikers? ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
JasonJ said:
They all look like $20 per night per spot (2 adults and kids)

So Papakeith, me, and Rooster - that's one adult and two kids :)

Can't we just Google Map the locations and see which one seems closer/easier to TC? Or maybe call and see which ones would accomodate a group better?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
campsites

Ok guys here's the scoop. They don't offer campsites or allow anyone to stay on property unless you are a member and then you lease your campsite for the year. They also don't have any showers on property. I usually stay at the comfort Inn about 5 mikes away that has a TC rate of 58.00 per night. Sorry I can't help with a recommendation about camping but if you go to the TC site they have several listed and exactly how far they are and what they offer so good luck.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I'd definitely rather camp - I'll research the camp grounds if you guys want me to.

Dirtbiking and then staying in a hotel :| Camping is part of the fun!!!!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I e-mailed Camp-a-While for more information, since they're the closest campground to TC. I'll keep you guys posted with the info.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okay I heard back from Camp-A-While, here are the details:

They cannot do a group area; however, we're allowed to have 4 adults per site. The cost is $20 per night for two adults, the extra adults are $3 each. So, we could split the pricing. That's for tent camping. If we give them enough advanced notice they can get us our sites all right next to each other. A weekend stay requires a deposit for the first night - so we can work out the details of that in some other way.

This place seems comparable to Red Ridge - and it's the closest to TC. Here's the website if you're interested: http://campawhilepa.com/generalinfo.htm.

So - who's camping?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well this is thrilling - is no one going to this ride or what?

Top Bottom