DunKrS

Mar 4, 2008
Hi, I'm new to the forums and I'm like really in a hurry, I was given a 1986 Honda Cr125 which is; for the most part, In excellent shape. It was free and did not include a bottom end. I'm almost sure the top end is too far gone to be re-used as well. But I found a complete bottom end for a 1983 CR 125 in awesome shape. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me if they'll still mount up to the frame without modifying it. And if I would have to buy new top end to match that model of engine, or could I use the 1986 cr top end on the 83's bottom end. I've heard they're almost if not exactly Identical but I have no facts to back it up. I've had a hard time finding anything useful on these old bikes and I really wanna get this ol' thing up and runnin'! Thanks!
-Derek

ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
Not sure about the two years working together. I don't think they will. Honda put an exhaust valve in them at about 86 or 87. Do a search on here and give Eric Gorr a call and ask him. Everyone here respects him alot and he has tons of knowledge. If he can't help you give me an e-mail I might be able to help you. ohmthis@yahoo.com

Last edited:

ysr89

Dec 4, 2007
Hey, how much are you looking to spend to rebuild it? I know some people who may have the parts you need, and I know someone with a complete 86 CR125 engine. Let me know,

-Matt

Top Bottom