81 PE175 endouro needs parts I can't find.

tweakedlogic

Sep 13, 2007
I just purchased (sight unseen) an '81 Suzuki PE175. Overall I still think I got a good deal for $300. If fired right up after a couple of kicks and purred along. It's not pretty, but I'm going to tear it up anyway.
It needs a few things to make it happy.
First is a front brake cable, then a clutch pack and cable, and a muffler after that.
I found the clutch and brake pads, but the cables are impossible. Ive been search the web for over an hour. I also need swing arm bushings, can't find those either. From what I've read about these bike, People love them. If they are so great, why can't I find parts?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
There is a seller on that 'bay site - along the theme of old Suzuki parts - which may help you; they have an 'bay store full of older OEM parts. Sorry; can't remember their name, althought they do have quite a bit. Try key word searches for the model.

Also try Midwest Action Cycle; they used to advertise older parts, though the volume is not there anymore to make it worth advertising.

You could also try vintage sites or even some members like MXbundy for leads.

I suppose you've tried your local Zook shop?

How about calling Barnett and other clutch parts makers? Motion Pro? Terrycable? Vintage Iron?

tweakedlogic

Sep 13, 2007
Thanks everybody, I'll try those tomorrow. I really need a pipe and muffler worse than I though. It leaks everywhere because it can not fit snugly at either end. The smoke leaks out at the muffler, the exhaust port on the motor and at the bottom of the bend because the thing has been beaten to death by rocks.

Also; another issue is I took apart and cleaned the carb today. It would drive an do wheelies before hand. (a little tip, don't do wheelies if you don't have any brakes!)
I had to make my own gasket from paper gasket material. But other than that, I'm almost positive I put the thing back together properly. I didn't have any left over parts, but it still won't fire up.
Any Ideas? I'm still waiting on the clymer manual. So I using educated guesses to work on this thing.

Top Bottom