RECENT POSTS

'85? KX125 suspension pressure settings?

NGE

Uhhh...
Just got a beat up old KX125.... I think it is an '85... one of the first liquid cooled models (only a left side radiator).. front disc, rear drum.... if that helps..

anyways, both of the forks and the rear shock have schrader valves on them ( I assume for compressed air?)..

how much pressure do they require (obviously it would be different for different people, but I would like to know the range)...

The fork feels ok, but the rear sags a LOT and wont even rise all the way out when there is no one on it...

marcusgunby

Lifetime Sponsor
The rear is for nitrogen and it needs 150psi, the fronts you can put air into but most dont, use max of 5psi.

NGE

Uhhh...
Thanks...

How do I get it filled?... I already tried to put air in it... dont think I was successfull though... (I set the regulator to 5 lbs and worked it up to 50lbs progressively)... Can you substitute air in a pinch?... I have a high pressure air pump.

will filliing the rear with nitrogen get the rear to stand back up?... assuming it still holds pressure... which I think it does because it let out a little wisp when I pressed the valve..

Seemed odd to me that the spring wouldnt even hold the weight of the rear without sagging..