'85? KX125 suspension pressure settings?

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
Just got a beat up old KX125.... I think it is an '85... one of the first liquid cooled models (only a left side radiator).. front disc, rear drum.... if that helps..

anyways, both of the forks and the rear shock have schrader valves on them ( I assume for compressed air?)..

how much pressure do they require (obviously it would be different for different people, but I would like to know the range)...

The fork feels ok, but the rear sags a LOT and wont even rise all the way out when there is no one on it...

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
Thanks...

How do I get it filled?... I already tried to put air in it... dont think I was successfull though... (I set the regulator to 5 lbs and worked it up to 50lbs progressively)... Can you substitute air in a pinch?... I have a high pressure air pump.

will filliing the rear with nitrogen get the rear to stand back up?... assuming it still holds pressure... which I think it does because it let out a little wisp when I pressed the valve..

Seemed odd to me that the spring wouldnt even hold the weight of the rear without sagging..

Top Bottom