guitarking135

Feb 14, 2009
so I traded my 86 for an 85 with some cash. My main question is about the brakes and forks. is it possible to put the disk brakes from an 86 on the 85 would it require the 86 or whatever years forks? I riged up a disk brake on my 86 in the rear so I know that can be done its just the front that I'm curios about. and can any one tell me as far as frame stuff goes what years parts with interchange with my 85 I know 83-85 have some parts that interchange but yea. Any info would be great.

Also I found a guy with a 84 that he is parting out won't sell the bike as a whole. aside from the carb and the wheels what other parts would you suggest me getting to have as spares?

guitarking135

Feb 14, 2009
will the clutch cover off of an 84 fit on my 85? they look to be the same but I can't find part numbers for the 84 and i can't find a good picture of the two to compare them.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
guitarking135 said:
will the clutch cover off of an 84 fit on my 85? they look to be the same but I can't find part numbers for the 84 and i can't find a good picture of the two to compare them.

There were very few changes between '84 and '85, I would be extremely surprised if the clutch covers were not the same.

Top Bottom