redzoomer

Dec 24, 2005
My bike is a 87 SP200. It is all stock. It started messing up and cutting out the other day while riding in the yard with my son. It had been in storage for about 8 years when I got it back in March. I cleaned out the carb and did other necessary things to get it running. I took the carb back off and cleaned it really good. I did't see anything that looked like trouble floating around inside. I replaced the carb and it's still not right.. it idles like a top but when you touch the gas it dies. I replaced the plug and that didn't help. I've taken the carb off about 3 times and sprayed it, blown it and done everything I can to clean it. Still the same stuff. It is a Mikuni BST 32 flatslide.. if the diaphram has a leak will it cause this? I'm a honda man so I'm used to working on Keihin carbs.. This is my first Mikuni. I'm about ready to set fire to it. Thanks for any help!

redzoomer

Dec 24, 2005
I did replace the needle and seat, it runs better but it still spits and sputters when you really get on the gas. After further checking I'm thinking it might be an electrical issue with the magneto.
Has anyone ever run into this sort of thing with the older bikes??

Top Bottom