89 kdx 200 miss pass half trottle

jamesppg

May 31, 2008
have a 89 kdx 200 rebuild the top end cause it had a bad miss pass half trottle and the kips valve broke. put all back together runs great but still has miss. carb is completely clean, air filter clean ,new plug. it does not matter what gear,rpm,or speed. once you start to twist the trottle half or more it acts like a rev limiter. does have some 1 to 2 seconds burst but cut out again. anyone please help don't know what to do next.

jamesppg

May 31, 2008
just found a ground by coil that is a piece on 8 gauge speaker wire. will change is a lettle bit. also would a silencer that pretty soaked in oil cause this.

Kaleel

May 6, 2008
You say the KIPS valve broke?

Drain the muffler of excess spooge via the drain bolt if it is stock. If you're still getting black spooge after the drain has been performed then you are runing too rich. Check the position of the carb needle. The highter up the clip is on the needle then the leaner you will run. The needle clip on the first position from the top means lean. The further down you place the clip on the needle, the more rich you will run.

If you are still running too rich then you can change out the main jet for a leaner one.

But above all, make sure the KIPS valve is functionig properly.

And... please let us know what mods if any have been done to the bike and when the problem started to occur.

Good luck

Mike

jamesppg

May 31, 2008
the mods are silencer and roost boost. adj. float level made a big diff. at first but then went away. going to check the clip on needle. will write back. not stopping till i get it.

jamesppg

May 31, 2008
ok. just to make sure what is the correct alignment for the main valve in the kips could not find any marks on it. i align it with the cut a way at tip of the valve up. thats the way manual said in some ways but not very clear. adj. float level again because it seems to be getting to much fuel. not sure. if i feather the throttle it runs good but if i just open it fall down and i let up it takes off again. could be something with that starter pluger/choke. i'm lost don't know what to try next. anything is something.

thanks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom