KDXRyder200

Sep 3, 2003
Alright....i have a 1989 KDX 200. It has no headlight shell piece which was cracked and the original owner took it off so i have no front light. The odometer was also taken off and junked for some reason. I am in the process of getting a new rear fender cuz mines broken and i was wondering if i should buy a new headlight shell and odometer so everything hooks up right? Thankz for your time!!!

KDXRyder200

Sep 3, 2003
Thats not exactly what i wanted.The owner before me had taken the whole headlight assembly off and i want to get the light working so i can smoke my friends at night. :laugh:

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
check bikebandit.com and/or frpoffroad.com. i think both places have the lights. i'll look in the service manual for a schematic and take a pic and post later.

Bubbie3737

Feb 28, 2004
i got a spare one off of a 86 kdx 200. It was in the parts box that came with the two bikes we got. The guy said it worked when he removed it, just wanted the number plate look and stuff. Might wanna check out if this will work on your 89, let me know.

Flyboy500

Mar 1, 2004
Check out UFO's Headlight/Number Plates. I purchased one for my Son's bike and it was super bright. They come with dual lamps (side by side) halogen. Good luck!

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
You don't need an Odo to get yer lights workin'! It's kinda like when NASA developed the pen that writes in space. The Russians used a pencil... problem solved. I just unscrew my gas cap and see how much gas I have! :)

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
damn i missed that i thought you just wanted the lights to work. why on earth would you think that something that is driven by a cable from that little thingy on the right side of your front tire would have anything to do with your lights? anyway i took a pic of the wiring diagram if you want it ryder see a couple posts back.

Top Bottom