SABOTAGE

Sep 24, 2003
Hello all,
Hopefully someone with mass carnal knowledge of kawasaki can help me out with this problem. We got a sweet deal on a "89" kx 125 in good shape, compression was a litle low so we had a sleeve job done to the cylinder but the compression is still low(85psi) I checked the reeds and they are good, it don't smoke like if the crank seals are bad just usual 2 stroke smoke, no head gasket leak's, ring end gap is .018 the machine shop said that was ok. I took it back off had them check it for egg shape and it was ok. I timed the exhaust valve's and they were still in time when I took it apart. Is there something I'm missing, or could there be another problem. Thanx for any help from anyone.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
SABOTAGE.

When you checked your comression did you have the throttle open or closed?

You should have the throttle wide open or you will get a false reading. Or, maybe your rings just havn't seated in yet.

Just a thought. :thumb:

SABOTAGE

Sep 24, 2003
Yes, I had the throttle wide open. I checked it cold (70psi), and I checked it warm (85psi). At first I thought it was jetting or timing, compression never crossed my mind. The timing is back to stock setting, jets and needle clip position is also back to stock. I replaced the air filter before starting up. Also tried teseting with filter off.( no change). As far as ring seating I have about two hours of run time, mostly just messing with the jets and timing, and ride a little and try something else. I did the break in 1/4 throttle 10 minutes, 1/2 throttle 10 minutes, 3/4 to full throttle about 300 yards. that's when total disapointment set in. Sorry about the length just trying to put out all the info. THANX

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom