89 kx 250 coolant in stator housing

rirog

Jun 8, 2005
:bang: During tear down of my 89 kx 250 I noticed antifreeze inside stator housing - about a tablespoon. Im in the process of replacing the rod, main bearings and gaskets. I thought I would find oil if anything, I have been experiencing excessive smoke out the exhaust and loss of tranny fluid. "Chokey" recomended possible main bearing failure. Now knee deep and I find coolant? I had Eric Gorr cylinder head work, Very Nice Work... So this is the second time this head has come of in my possession, Could I have a Crack or just bad head gasket? I still have a way to go before I split the cases -Not looking foward to that- Im using gasket set from Peak Moto - out of Co, Hot Rods connecting rod, Fresh set of Main bearings. Not looking for any more suprises.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Old school advice

In the early days of water cooled bikes, sometimes they would corrode on the wall behind the impeller, and create leaks. This might be your problem. The solution back then was to epoxy the whole area and that was the fix. That's all I have to offer, good luck.

Top Bottom