Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
One year ago I sat here at work switching between news sites & DRN.
For me I will always remember DRN along with the events of 9/11. This site stayed active through the trying times last September and I feel that for me it was healthy.
On one side I was viewing the most tragic things I have ever seen. On the other side (here at DRN) I witnessed the power of the human spirit. There were offers of lodging for stranded strangers whose only connection was here. People on this site did anything to help others gain information or a piece of mind.

Dirtweek 01 was held shortly after 9/11.
I know many people considered whether or not going would be the "right" thing to do after the tragedies of 9/11. I decided I WAS going.
I turned out to be a very good thing for me. It cleared a lot of mental fog. I got to see a lot of this beautiful country & re-confirm my personal beliefs about "Americans".

I noticed in another thread that Okie was unsure of how to deal with his feelings on today & this site.
My personal feelings are that this site must be up on 9/11.
I will forever connect the 9/11 tragedies & the strength that has come out of it with DRN.

Enough rambling, work is a pilling up

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I wasn't a DRN member at this time last year, but I am very thankful to be one today... I am having a great deal of difficulty dealing with today for various reasons. I lead a minute of silence at work at 8:46 am and started to lose it. I forgot how much emotion I had somehow shoved away from this time last year. Well, today, I am re-evaluating a lot of things in life in general and what is ultimately important. I'm just glad DRN is available, as it too has become important to me. It has helped.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Yep, I had my moment of silence this morning, at 5:46 PDT. I put my flag up at half mast and had my moment. Even though I was all by myself, I felt good about America at that moment, and that feeling has lasted all day.

As I've said before, this guy doesn't show much emotion, but I've had to dry my eyes several times today, almost like last year, but feeling good about America and the work the heroes did on this day one year ago. While everyone else was running out, they ran in.

You guys have fun at DW. I'll be there in spirit.

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Well said Pred, at work today, my boss at the Kawie shop had found a tape with alot of the same images of the movie on here andlooped them, it was playing all day, not to mention the local rock station was playing songs with sound bytes mixed in, moist eyes all around.

Phillip

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom