9-11 : World Trade Center - The Thread

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
-all flights in the US have been cancelled.

-all incoming flights to the DC/Boston area are being diverted to Canada

-all flights currently in the air were told to land ASAP.

This is the scariest/most insane thing I have ever seen. World War 3 here we come......

I hope everyone here is safe and sound.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Thank God

My little brother is a Commander in the Navy. Works in the Pentagon but he got out and is ok.

My wife's brother works at the world trade center and apparantly he's ok too. My wife is going to be stranded in KC for awhile. I think I'll take the day off and round up my kids since I'm working at an AFB. No sense pushing my luck.

My heart goes out to those families who were not so lucky.

This is so terrible!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
State Dept car bombing is apparantly a false report. This is unbelievable!
I really hope we wipe the *******s responsible for this off the face of the Earth!!
I work in the RI State House. They just locked down the building here. We also have at least one employee at the WTC for a convention this week.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Nothing else seems very important right now, does it?

All monuments, museums, and tours in DC are closed for the day.

These *******s better pay!:(

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Arafat (for what it's worth) says he "condemns this action" by these terrorists. Makes me think more that Osama bin Ladn has his fingers in it.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I just spoke to my father who's 82. He hasn't felt this "sick" since the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

My prayers go out to the families of all the innocent victims in this terrible tragedy.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm with XRP 1,000%, the scum must be held accountable.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Vintage Dirt, please contact me via email or at work 913-315-2067, if your wife needs a place to stay, my wife and I live 15 minutes from KCI airport and would be happy to help out. The airport hotels around the nation will be full quickly!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
FAA says two planes still missing.

A terrible thought, but our flyboys may need to shoot down a passenger jet.:(

An incredible, unbelievable situation. I now understand how people felt after Pearl Harbor. Only difference is we get info immediately.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I'm in the building next to the Trade Center in Dallas. We are looking at possibly evacuating. Also some rumors of a plane highjacked from Dallas that had LA as a destination. It is JUST a rumor and is unconfirmed.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
I'm still in shock! What kind of ****ing idiot does this to America? There better be a response. I feel like this is a really bad dream! Somebody please wake me up.

American is under attack.....War is inevitible.

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
I don't know what to say. My wife works in Murrysville, PA. Not far from Pittsburgh. They told them they could leave if they wanted to.

Coop

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
My best friend Wally had a job interview at 10:30 am this morning in the World Trade Center!!! He just called to say he didn't go, whew! He was all dressed and ready to leave until he turned on the radio. Unbelieveable!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
DAMMIT!

Thankfully, W says "We will hunt down those responsible."

Cripes, Camp David . . .:(

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Good idea, Blue Thunder. If any DRN'er's got friends or family stuck near Orange County (Ca), have them call me. I'll chauffer/put up. 949-413-1156.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I've started another thread on this forum alerting DRN'ers that perhaps we can help if they've got stranded friends/family.

Please help make that a robust offer.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well - our building was just officially closed (40 floor Quaker Tower in Chicago).

They have evacuted almost all of the buildings down here - Sears Tower, Hancock, Amaco, Daley center, Merchandise Mart, Banks, Trading places, everything...

Sad day - very scary too. :(

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sad very sad

Very weird.....My work is in the flight path of Ontario airport. I have heard only 2 planes since I have been here.

Top Bottom