9-11 : World Trade Center - The Thread

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Edit: What follows is the thread created the morning of 9/11 and the reactions of our members as the tragic event unfolded. A lot of shock & anger, but also the outpouring of offers to help in any way they could. So many Americans found themselves stranded at airports when all commercial air traffic was suspended ... DRN'ers stood-up and took-in stranded members from all over the country ... to offer a little comfort in a very bad time.

[ Admin edit end ]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man! World Trade Center Hit!

Hit by an airplane! Bad deal, unreal.

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
It really happened

I just checked cnn's web site and there is a picture of it. It looks really bad, but there is too much smoke to be able to see the amount of damage that was done to the building and the plane. I guess that there will be a full story soon.

00 KDX 200
Procircuit pipe & silencer
AMA
GNCC

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If true? Dude, I'm watching it. People are saying they were commercial planes, 737 or 727. Unbelievable.

I just saw the video... BIG plane. American Airlines plane hijacked. This is close to being the wrost thing I've ever seen. Looked like it went all the way thru it. Kinda hard to tell, but it wasnt a 727, looked more like a 737... but it's hard to judge the size. But not a 737, a Air Bus 319 or 320. (two engines, mounted to the wings)

Pray for all the people that must be hurt.

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Oh my god!

NBC just showed video of what looked like a 727 or 737 flying into the 2nd tower. Reports are a hijacking occured and the plane was crashed intentionally.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bad stuff. I'm speachless. W is on now.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh, how terrible. I woke up to the radio and thought I was still dreaming at first.

B

biglou

Fire at the Pentagon??? All I have is radio here at work. Peter Jennings has "confirmed" this via radio. This is very bad.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Oh my God! This is terrible. Reports are now that there has been an explosion at the Pentagon. There aren't saying if a plane crashed or not. Conflicting reports there! White House is being evacuated after terrorist threats. This is a nightmare.

Prayers for all who are hurt and families who have loved ones involved.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Southern tower has collapsed!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
****ing terrorists! I hope W has a plan to retaliate.

I hear some Palestinian group claims responsibility. Planes hijacked out of Boston.

I'd bet Osama bin Ladun (sp?) (*******) was behind it.

No flights from anywhere in the US today.

It's a dark day, my friends.:(

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Fighter jets enforcing a NFZ over NYC. Never thought I'd see that.

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
I am just completely torn apart about this.:(

I don't even know what to say.:( This will go down as one of the worst days in US history.

I am just speachless and torn up.:(

Please be in prayer for all of those involved.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Car bomb at the state dept.!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Second tower down!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom