ol greybeard

Jun 28, 2003
Hi! New to this forum, but have three KDX bikes. I recently bought, for myself, a '97 KDX220,already modified with all the Fredette mods. My nephew just bought a '01 KDX200, also modified with all the Fredette mods. The original KDX I bought, I bought for my wife is a '91 KDX200. I want to do some updates to this bike and have some questions. I went thru the Fredette site, and tried to go into this forums archives to find the answers to my questions, but no luck!
Questions; Where can I get info about the 220 mod for this engine? Does anyone make a rear MX style rear fender for this bike? Are there any graphic/seat cover sets available for this bike? Has anyone tried to paint a fuel tank with Krylon's Fusion Plastic paint? Where can I get radiator shrouds for this bike?
The rest of my questions, I found the answers for in the other threads. Thanks in advance for your time to answer my questions!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
"Where can I get info about the 220 mod for this engine?"

ANS - Eric Gorr

"Does anyone make a rear MX style rear fender for this bike?"

ANS - A KX500 fender will do the trick.

"Are there any graphic/seat cover sets available for this bike?"

ANS - A Ceet KX500 seat cover will fit. Ceet now has graphis for the KDX200 ('89-'94) that match the seat cover. They include graphics for the tank as well. Dennis Kirk has 'em.

"Has anyone tried to paint a fuel tank with Krylon's Fusion Plastic paint?"

ANS - See my post above for covering the tank. The tank doesn't take paint well because of the fuel vapors.

"Where can I get radiator shrouds for this bike?"

ANS - UFO and Maier both make replacement plastics for the KDX.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I should have 'em on my KDX at DW.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
If you can't find graphics you like I've seen many people buy 1998 KDX200 graphics and cut out the "KDX" to fit their 89 to 94. I saw a very nice one a while ago that used KLX300 forks, a direct bolt on, black KX500 seat, white KX500 side panels, white KX front number plate and these graphics . . . . very sharp.

For engine mods check out www.ericgorr.com. I don't believe many can do a big bore on that bike due to the close proximity of the center valve to the cylinder bore. I expect you'd be better off going for some all round porting and heads mods anyway.

I hope that helps,

David

Top Bottom