mmgtl

Oct 1, 2003
Hello to everyone this is a great site lots of info. I just bought a complete front end off a 91 yz125 that i am going to put on an older bike that has dampening rod forks. The clikers on these forks are both on top? nothing on bottom to adjust. Is the hex nut on top the compresion it has 20 clickes full in to full out? The screw in the center has about the same amount of adjustment is this the rebound? I looked through old post till my eyes crossed! any help is welcomed. Thanks Meredith

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think the screw  is the compression-older forks had comp only.The nut maybe adjuter for preload on the spring, but i have never seen that fork.

mmgtl

Oct 1, 2003
I took one apart to see what shape they are in and the and the hex nut pushes on a small tube that runs down trough the damper rod to the shim stack onthe end. I have never seen one like this. I dont see how this would do anythig. the screw in the center is a orifice adjustment so it must be the compresion adjuster? Someone please fill me in I'm stumped.

mmgtl

Oct 1, 2003
shockdoc where can I find some more info on these forks. They are in dreat shape If I am going to use them I would like to know all i can about them. Thanks Again Meredith

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
If I'm not mistaken the 91 fork was technically ahead of its time......WAY ahead of its time. It was supposed to be a cheapie version of a works fork of the era. Seem to remember that it was tough to get the harshness out.

I've never seen one of these apart....would love to see them to figure out what was "wrong".

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
No Marcus, that fork didn't work the best. Had the comp. & reb. stacks together. They have some funky shaped shims. Been awhile since I've seen them but I've probably got some tests & specs buried in my notes through the years.

doc

mmgtl

Oct 1, 2003
I took some pics wile I was cleaning the forks I have a hard time understanding how regular forks work. These are messing with my head. I hope the pic link works. http://community.webshots.com/user/mmgtl

Top Bottom