bultokid

Jun 23, 2000
looking at picking up 92-94 360 need advice as not up to speed on the later model huskies. all i do is mx,mainly vintage and evo type racing, but use the newer bikes to stay in shape and practice. looking at some husky web sites w/model #'s doesn't appear that they made a cr in that time frame,or did they,or is the wmx the motocross version? how do they hold up,any big issues, and the biggie-parts availability. im 6'2" 220 if that helps.thanks for your input

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Much Power . The SHOWA fork& shock is better than the later model MZs. The kickstarters are really high up on the bike which is not much trouble for you since you are tall . The bike is sort of hard to start since its tall andhigh kicker. The piston kit from HUSKY is expensive but WISECO can and has made pistons for this bike . The stock pipe is heavy (dual layer steel ) If you put a P/C or FMF the thing rips. THey run smoother start easier with thick base gaskets . A flywheel weight is a good investment . These were pretty good strong bikes if you are big & strong.

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
That thing was like riding on a rail. It is very stable at speed. The motor was very powerfull and the bike is bulletproof. Well, almost. You have to keep and eye on the refrigeration rubber tubes.
They did make a 360 CR (I've ridden one) but it's too peaky and the forks are too harsh. I would take the WXE (called WR here) even for MX.

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
Rhett, My 94 360WR was a strong runner. To make it fast in those days you added a FMF pipe and silencer and a Keihn flatslide carb. If I remember right the seat doubled as a two by four cause it was so hard it made you want to spend a lot of time standing on the pegs. If I can remember correctly, there were some slight improvements making the 94 model better than the previous two years versions.

Years ago, I teamed up with a friend named Rhett on his 250 Kawasaki and we did hare and hound team riding up in Michigan.

Nowadays, I ride a 2001 KTM 520EXC and 1983 Maico 490 in the Florida FTR hare scrambles series.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom