92 KDX 200E engine in a H model chassis has anyone ever tried that?

ascracer

Oct 21, 2006
I just aquired a 220 basket case and am currently putting a 92 200 together from the gound up kind of a money pit but hopefully worth it in the end. Anyway aside from the pipe how much work would it be to but the 92 engine in a 220 chassis???

flhtom

Feb 6, 2013
ascracer said:
I just aquired a 220 basket case and am currently putting a 92 200 together from the gound up kind of a money pit but hopefully worth it in the end. Anyway aside from the pipe how much work would it be to but the 92 engine in a 220 chassis???
The Mount tabs and the pivot shaft dia. are different.The '92 didn't have the mount on the front of the head, and the postions of the engine mts. are different. So, you will need to fabricate new tabs, do a little (or a lot) of welding, and drill out the hole for the pivot shaft mounting. Nothing Major, if you don't mind a bit of fabricating!

flhtom

Feb 6, 2013
I am putting an '89 mototr in a '95 H1 chassis. Everything bolted up, except the top mounts are different, and there is only one top mount on the '89 motor. Since it's only for vibration and rigidity, i think i'll make another little weinie aluminum bracket, to connect the old top mount on the '89 head, to the frame. The pipe is different, btw, because the Kips lever case sticks out more on the old motor. So, i'm looking for an old '89-'94 muffler. Other than that, it surprisingly bolted right up!

Top Bottom