Shadey

Jun 30, 2001
I just want to get eveyones opinion on this bike because i am getting onefor $600 from a friend of mine who is joining the service.....Thanks in advance for you time.

~~~~~~~
*ShadeY*
~~~~~~~:p

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
dr

if its not to late try to look for an xr250,they have a bit more power and u can permorm heaps of mods on them,but if the dr is what u want they are a good bike!;)

Shadey

Jun 30, 2001
Top Speed

I know top speed isn't everything but i will be gettiing a Baja Designs street legal kit for it and i would like to know about what the top speed is and if I will have to rev the snot out of it to keep it at highway speeds

:p ~~~~~~:p
*ShadeY*
:p ~~~~~~:p

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
That would all depend on how it is geared? You will have to find a compromise between street and dirt. This goes for tires as well. I would ask yourself how much of each that you want to ride, ..I.E. 30% dirt 70 % road and then figure out what you want. As for top speed I would think that if you riding down a steep hill, with a good tale wind, and a laying on the tank you might get 75. I think that once you get used to the bike you will want more power. IF its in good condition you can't beat the price. I would also check www.thumpertalk.com or www.maximum-suzuki.com

P.S. I spelled the second URL wrong I should work now. Its a great place to find out about mods. Also check in the links section in the DR series. I think there are still some good ones in there.

Last edited:

Shadey

Jun 30, 2001
Dr

Thanks Danman,

The bike is in excellent condition.It is completely stock and still has 80% of th tread left on the original tires the only reason he is selling it is because he isn't ever going to be able to ride it and he doesn't want to see it rot away in a storage area.

~~~~~:p
*ShadeY*
~~~~~:p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom