bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I noticed, I lost alot of throttle response gradually.I said before using the 927 I didn't have any issues with how dirty it ran well I took off my silencer last night the packing was black inside out from end to end.The ends where the stinger goes and the cap at the other end had alot of carbon built up I am talking alot.The holes in the baffle were clogged pretty bad not in the center ,but at both ends.I got a thin allen wrench and started clearing them out, it was so hard I had to spray easy off to loosen the carbon up.I did alot of scraping at the silencer cap to get the carbon out and the stinger too.Finally I got every hole cleared in the baffle and repacked it.I bet you my throttle response returns.I am not bashing the 927,I know it lubricates excellent ,but now I do see issues with how dirty it does run.For you other guy's who mentioned this before, I see your point.My power valves are working smoothly,but like I said before the main flap has hard carbon around it, even though it opens fully,the carbon around it probally changes the way the exhaust timing operates when the flap snaps open.Now to pick another oil. Do any of you guy's have rust issues using the mx2t,I have done some reading,and from what i understand .Synthetics are excellent,but If the chemical make up isn't good it is not a good rust prevention.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
What did you end up using BigRed and how did it work out for you? Did you make any jetting modifications? I too am using the 927 but looking to run something a little cheaper!

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by jboomer
What did you end up using BigRed and how did it work out for you? Did you make any jetting modifications? I too am using the 927 but looking to run something a little cheaper!

I am still running the 927 in both bikes and will stay,I Am not having issues(dirty). I have some considerable time on my 00 after a new top end and stayed with the 927 jetted from a 52 pilot down to a 45.Before I had run a different oil then switched over to the 927 in- between which I guess wouldn't be fair. . The holes in the silencer are clear and dry,I was wrong it was running rich especially down low. When the weather started to get a little warm I noticed the motor was being a little lazy down low. I narrowed it down to a 45 pilot. The 927 runs very clean being part castor and I know on hand, how well it lubricates.It really is amazing how better your bike can run and run clean just from getting your pilot right . I am staying!!!!!!!!

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I ended up with a 45 in my bike as well. I was a little worried because that's quite a step down from stock! You can see pictures of my top end after considerable hours with this oil on my other post. I'm thinking of trying something a little cheaper this time though. Partly due to Marcus's suggestion and I'm not getting any richer! I really like this oil though. No spooge once jetted right, no smoke, my topend looks immaculate after over 100 hours, and it smells soooooo goood! Thanks for posting back!

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Jboomer I can tell by the piston crown it was 927. I had exactly the same reading, the carbon was so thin I could still read the letter on the piston.I put my clip in the 4 th pos from the 3rd and it started to miss just a little so THE 3RD pos is real close. The main is also close.

Top Bottom