93 klr 250 stalls out when i give it gas

Jaguars7129

Jan 2, 2009
Yesterday i was riding when my bike suddenly started bogging down like it was out of gas..It would idle but every time i applied a little throttle it would quit instantly. After 10 or so start and stalls, it finally accepted throttle and got me home, but now today it is doing the same thing where it dies when i give it any gas.. So i took out the carb, and it had some crud in the float bowl and all in the carb... I was almost positive this was the problem,but after i thoroughly cleaned it and reinstalled, it had absolutely no effect and the bike still dies when given throttle. Could this be an electrical issue? anyone had a similar problem? any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
did you clean every jet and see if there's anything in it? Small holes hide small objects. If its falling on its face after giving it gas from closed to about 1/3 opened it'll be from the pilot circuit (pilot jet, fuel air screw, and needle {also did you change your needle position? by RAISING the clip it becomes leaner because the needle won't be pulled up as far, so check that) if it ran great before you'll have no need to change anything. Just make sure its clean and check that needle jet.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Dump and clean the tank!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If you have a fuel filter, replace it or remove it. They clog up over time.

Make sure the gas cap is venting properly.

There is usually a screen on the tube that protrudes into the tank from the pet-c*ock. Look into the gas gap and see if you can see it, and if it is clogged. If so, remove and clean (be careful not to strip anything - tanks are expensive).

Could also be related to something in the carb not working right. Not sure if that model has an acellerator pump to squirt fuel in when the throttle is whacked open, but too much or not enough fuel could make it stall.

Also, if the problem is worse when the bike is hot, it might be related to your valves being too tight. Usually the bike won't idle and is hard to start hot if the valves are too tight. If it has been a long time since you checked your valves, they will tighten up with wear and will cause poor low speed running and hard starting.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom