93' kx250 clutch not fully disengaging

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
The clutch basket is not grooved, and the cable/lever is adjusted properly. i have seen a few bikes that would "creep" with the lever pulled all the way in, but this is different. When shifting from neutral into first, the bike just stalls. the only way to get moving is to already have forward momentum, when you drop it into gear, and rev the motor to keep it from stalling. Any suggestions as to what the problem is??

Thanks

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
also, the pressure plate has plenty of "throw". its almost as if the plates are not wanting to seperate. maybe a different kind of oil would help this problem??

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I went through this with my 98, replaced almost everything, round and round. I finally took it to the shop and they replaced the washer that the basket rides on and it worked flawless after that. It was flattened out, the new one was sort a cupped? Could be?

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
It could be, i am really running out of answers to this problem. i am gonna pull the basket and inspect everything. thanks for the reply, no one else seems to have any other ideas.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
found the problem, two clutch discs were warped/bent and that was causing the drag. I have no idea how i didnt catch the problem the first time.

Top Bottom